Studio Cerca Is An Anime-Themed RPG Company From Carbon 2185 Creator

Robert Marriner-Dodds and his sister, Cassandra Dodds, have formed a company called Studio Cerca to focus on a kid-friendly RPG D&D-powered campaign setting. Robert Marriner-Dodds runs Dragon Turtle Games, the publisher of the cyberpunk Carbon 2185 RPG. This new company, says Cassandra, is: ...inspired directly by the work of Hayao Miyazaki. We used to watch his films together as teenagers...

Robert Marriner-Dodds and his sister, Cassandra Dodds, have formed a company called Studio Cerca to focus on a kid-friendly RPG D&D-powered campaign setting.

studiocercabackground.png

Robert Marriner-Dodds runs Dragon Turtle Games, the publisher of the cyberpunk Carbon 2185 RPG. This new company, says Cassandra, is:

...inspired directly by the work of Hayao Miyazaki. We used to watch his films together as teenagers and we’ve always incorporated their themes and settings into the D&D campaigns we played together. We are working on a D&D 5e campaign setting that has been in development for four years.

Hayao Miyazaki is a Japanese animator, and co-founded the studio which made the films Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away. His films tend to feature strong female protagonists, and themes of nature, technology, art, and pacifism.

The campaign setting, whose name has not yet been announced, will be "beautifully illustrated that it looks like it came straight out of a Studio Ghibli artbook". Their website announces a Kickstarter update mailing list for a Kickstarter "coming soon'.

More info as and when it arrives!

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
That looks very cool. I'm a big Miyazaki fan and I'd take a peek just for the art if its good enough.

Aldarc

Legend
Sorry dude, I would have replied here but I really thought you were kidding. He's like the grand-daddy of anime. See above, Princess Mononoke, also My Neighbor Totoro and numerous other great movies. Muy importante.
Did you edit my post in your quote? There was a typo in the original post that said Hayat Miyazaki.

stadi

Explorer
Did you edit my post in your quote? There was a typo in the original post that said Hayat Miyazaki.

Making fun of typos, or even mentioning them is not intelligent. It's one the most irritating behaviors there is. I wish all forums would instatntly block people that do that.

Remove ads

Remove ads