• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stun and Monte Cook's Bard

shouit

Explorer
I have house ruled that when stun and get hit, you get another save vs it. This is due to the fact that player in the group is playing Monte's bard and gets two stun spells a round and can stun for two rounds. Any encounter I give the group, he stuns for two rounds, so 4 of the creatures are stunned and the rest of the party kills them. I think this is a bit powerful...so I added the save when taken damage. Whatcha think?

chip079

First Post
i think that is a logical rule. if you are stunned taking a hit which delivers damage, it should give you a chance to regain your senses, kinda jolt you back into reality. maybee it would also make sense for the newly unstunned individual to be at a -1 or -2 to attack and saves for a round, or the remainder of the time that they would have been stunned. this would incorporate the kinda head spinning effect one should have after being stunned. these are just ideas though. also this is ok as long as it applies to your PC's as well though. if they get stunned and take damage they should have an oppurtunity to make another save as well, No? the smae happens in the campain i play in now, our cleric stuns the enemy with sound burst. effectively giving the rest of the party 4 rounds to beat up on the enemy, especially the rogue, since the enemy looses dex, while stunned, and can be hit with sneak attacks.

Remove ads