Stupid Treasure Question

GrassyKnoll

First Post
If a monster has a CR of 2, and Standard treasure rating, does that mean that if you have 20 of them, they each have a chance of treasure at rank 2?

So 20 rolls on the 2nd treasure table (dont have it in front of me but approximatly 30% chance of coin, 25% gems, 40% one mundane item or 10% minor) or do you roll one chance of treasure based on the EL of 20 CR 2 creatures?

Thanks for the input.

graydoom

First Post
Keep in mind that it is noted that the EL system doesn't really work all that well once you get that many of a monster.

Crothian

First Post
Random treasure like this will get you in trouble. I've had some pretty wierd stuff come up on the random charts. I look at the chart and then pick and choose. Balance it out with what the party has and what else they can get in the adventure.

Crothian

First Post
Deranged Youth said:
Yep, I only used the random tables once. A first level character got a painting worth 5,000 pp. From a guard. Never again!
I just choose. Period.

The gaurd never realized he had a Rembrant in his den. That's funny. I can see a 25,000gp painting being to much for first level characters. But, you can have some fun with it. Make it a one of a kind item. Probably stolen, or at least well known. Give them problems with selling it, and no way would they get the actual value.

Crothian

First Post
Orco42 said:

Actually 5,000pp is 50,000gp in 3e.

My bad. I don't use platnium in my games, much. I went the way of minted silver coins. But that just makes it even worse for the poor gaurd.He could have retired for life, bought a low noble rank, and gotten a good wife.

Grendel

First Post
I think you are all overlooking the obvious.

The guard was there to protect the painting. who in their right mind would leave a 50,000 gp painting unguarded.

Remove ads