Succubus NPC

ScrubbWizard

First Post
I will be running SKT soon, with the kids. I am looking for a monster to replace a succubus.

In SKT, the succubus has kidnapped a noble in Daggerford and is now impersonating her.

The shapeshifting abilities are good, but since it will be family oriented, I would prefer something less sexy. Also, I plan to write this into one of the players backgrounds as a hook.

I am thinking a witch, but I dont know. Not sure I like dopplegangers. Any ideas? I got a block on this one...

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

neogod22

Explorer
I will be running SKT soon, with the kids. I am looking for a monster to replace a succubus.

In SKT, the succubus has kidnapped a noble in Daggerford and is now impersonating her.

The shapeshifting abilities are good, but since it will be family oriented, I would prefer something less sexy. Also, I plan to write this into one of the players backgrounds as a hook.

I am thinking a witch, but I dont know. Not sure I like dopplegangers. Any ideas? I got a block on this one...

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app
When you say less sexy you mean...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

TallIan

Explorer
How about a doppelganger? All the shape shifting, none of the seductivness.

EDIT: oops, sorry somehow I missed you saying you didn't like doppelganger. How about Slaadi? They are a higher CR, but that could be fixed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
A Night Hag could be a good substitute. Maybe a Cambion if you fudge things a bit and give it a ritual to change it's shape.

Or, you could just not call it a Succubus. Call it a Mendax or something, describe it as a generic fiend (see the Cambion for an example), and say the Draining Kiss is some kind of soul-rending ability.

alienux

Explorer
There are plenty of dragons that have the "change shape" ability. You might find a young version of one of those that matches the CR you need.

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
Make it the male version of the succubus, the incubus, which can change shape. "That's not your mother. It's a man baby!" Though, unless you're showing art from the Monster Manual, there's really no reason to tell the kids what it is at all.

Tallifer

Hero
Yeah. I think a Doppelganger is much better idea for kids. (interestingly enough, when i googled to search for this image, countless other more recent artworks showed up: not one of them nearly as sexy as this classic image.

200px-Succubus_(Dungeons_&_Dragons).jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads