• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Suggest my next PC, please

Near TPK this evening. One PC escaped, the rest of us died when we opened two doors at once and bit off more than we could chew. So now I need an idea for a new character. It's been a stressful week, so I want to give my brain a bit of a rest and, well, let y'all do the brainstorming.

The group's 8th level, in Eberron. Everything's kosher except swordmages. The GM dislikes how their mark works, so they're out. Oh, and multiclassing doesn't require power swap feats; if you take a multiclass feat, you can select powers from your second class (though only 1 each of at-will, encounter, daily, utility).

I want to try something different. My last few characters have been:

1. Ragnarok Jones, agile and mobile wild sorcerer who had survived 2 apocalypses, but who devil-may-care attitude finally failed to carry him through.

2. Bernie, a stock Cha-based paladin with a tendency to catch on fire. Nicknamed "Burny." Made pre-Divine Power.

3. Sarah, a genasi swordmage who was a broad parody of Tina Fey's portrayal of Sarah Palin. Lots of teleporting and mobility.

4-10. Random one-shot characters, most of whom tended toward agile striker types.

I think some sort of controller would be a nice change of pace. I like being able to have daring actions, but I've done the "run in and out of danger like a monkey" schtick a lot, so I dunno, maybe a malediction invoker, so I can imperil myself to pull off dramatic effects? But I'm open to anything. If you've had any characters you never got a chance to play, throw 'em my way, and I might give one a try.

Thanks!

Nytmare

David Jose
The recent idea I read somewhere on here (NOMan maybe?) that stuck in my head was the doppelganger druid master of diguise.

Storminator

First Post
I recently statted up an elven wizard. Take Elven Arcane Precision, and nothing but bursts and blast powers. Rely on that amazingly good reroll to carry the day.

And necromantic elves of Eberron are so awesome you can easily flavor to taste. Here his is, statted at 6th IIRC.

PS

Attachments

• Varis.dnd4e
    119.3 KB · Views: 92

Ryujin

Legend
Have you had a look at the new Assassin class? I've been considering a happy little Halfling Assassin, MC to Bard for cover potential. (What is it with me and Bard MCing?) Teleporting from character's shadow to character's shadow has some potential for fun, and invisibilitywith a good stealth skill takes advantage of the revised stealth rules quite well.

jbear

First Post
If your DM is that kind with the multi-class an invoker multiclassed into cleric. To make the most of his kindness, a human would be pretty awesome.

I went hybrid cleric-invoker and combined with a paladin with solar enemy feat (which gives vulnerability 5 radiant til the end of the encounter to all enemys within 2) and a cosmic sorceror... absolute slaughter!!!

Erywin

First Post
For another idea all together, try a Goliath Warden MCed to Barbarian. With the right feats/powers are very defedery and you can also nova like a Barb! If you want, I have a few levels of this character built up to share.

Cheers,
E

keterys

First Post
I enjoy the invoker, although I think they botched the malediction part - but if you get a cool concept for it, go nuts. The Seeker's damage isn't that bad on quick skim - definitely a little odd though.

Remove ads