• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggest some TTRPGs to me...

ThorinTeague

Creative/Father/Professor
As the title says.

Just looking to expand my horizons. Try to limit yourself to a couple paragraphs and don't make it into a TL;DR if at all possible. :)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I recommend Dread to everyone. It's cheap, easy to learn, easy to play, and it's like no other RPG on the market.

Pick it up for $12, dig out your Jenga blocks, and give it a try.

Any of Ben Robbins' games: Microscope and its variants Chronicle and Union, Kingdom, and Follow.

Microscope is very different from other RPGs: You don't have a specific character, and you're creating an entire history. It's great for creating a setting together for another game! It can be played for as long or short a time as you please. (Chronicle is a variant that describes the history of some specific thing instead of an entire setting; Union describes a family tree.)

Kingdom is a more traditional game in which you're deciding the fate of a "kingdom" - which can be any organized group of people with a common end. (ie, a street gang or a business firm qualify as easily as a country.) Characters take on the roles of Power (you make the decisions), Perspective (you decide the fallout of decisions), and Touchstone (you decide how the rank-and-file react). Your character's role can change over the course of the game. It's a blast!

Follow is a single session quest game - it's inherently a one-shot. You are a band of characters trying to achieve a specific goal. You have both a primary and a secondary character, because attrition is pretty fierce! My group has had great fun with this one too.

Jahydin

Hero
Anything from Fantasy League that strikes your interest.
I have a whole shelf of their games and they are all beautiful to look at and fun to play.

For generic systems, Savage Worlds is the game for me!
The Tyrnador setting has one of the best sandbox adventures I've ever run.

My favorite OSR games at the moment:
Conan like - Hyperboria
AD&D like - Castles and Crusades
B/X like - Worlds without Number

EDIT: Free League!

Last edited:

Remove ads