Suggestion for change to display of subscribed threads

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I miss email notifications. I've been working around that by going clicking on the "Settings" link. I'm taking to a page with all the recent updates to threads I've posted at. As I said, this is a doable workaround to get updates from threads I've posted in.

I'd like to suggest that when a thread starts to exceed 10 pages of posts, that instead of showing:
Current: "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... last page",
Proposal: it would instead show as "first page ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14"

Showing threads as I've suggested makes it easier to see how progress is being made on threads. I've been subscribed to some threads that have gone to dozens of pages, when I check in all I can see are the first 10 pages I've long ago read through . . . and the last page. Kind of lame. So I click on "last page" and I can see that there has been, for instance, 4 prior pages of posts that were hidden from me.

It's just a little thing that has been bugging me, thought I'd make a suggestion. :)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I can't say it's been bugging me ;), but this would be a nice change for the forum thread displays, also.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Bumpity.

Seeing EN World is on a new server, and getting all sorts of new gizmos popping up as options, is there any chance to revisit this?

Anyone?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've no idea how I'd do that; sorry. Adding smilies and icons is just using the vBulletin admin panel; this would require rewriting the actual code.

Remove ads