Suggestion: Ignore Threads

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I don't think we will ever see public ignore lists - while they might have the beneficial effect of allowing someone to rethink they posting style, they also enable certain forms of grudges and vendettas.

Odhanan

Adventurer
How about the option of ignoring entire Sections and Forums of ENWorld?

Would that be technically feasible with ENW2?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Odhanan said:

Actually you can already do this. On the main forum page there are little boxes on the far right of the Section names. See? Try clicking it ;) :cool: .

Michael Morris

First Post
Odhanan said:

Yes, a hack exists for that. There is also an ignore thread hack. And watch out - the mods will be getting a 'ban user from thread' hack.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Michael Morris said:
Yes, a hack exists for that. There is also an ignore thread hack. And watch out - the mods will be getting a 'ban user from thread' hack.

Hack? Isn't "Ban User From Thread" a standard part of the Admin. . . oh. I see. I'm an Admin at RPGhost. I never stopped to think that might not be an available function for Moderators

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
jdrakeh said:
Hack? Isn't "Ban User From Thread" a standard part of the Admin. . . oh. I see. I'm an Admin at RPGhost. I never stopped to think that might not be an available function for Moderators

It's not a standard part of vBulletin. I don't know if James or someone hacked the RPGHost boards to make that possible.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads