Suggestions for Role Play Module

sus323

Explorer
Does anyone know of a adventure or module that is primarily role playing based?

I'm looking for something that has political intrique but I can also use a mystery or basically anything role playing rather than a hack and slash, combat-based adventure.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Crothian

First Post
Making a Name by Kenzer. I just posted a review of this module. It is for first and second level characters and it is a PDF.

sus323

Explorer
Thanks Crothian! I'll have to look at that one. My players are about 13th level, but perhaps I can modify that adventure for them.

If you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them!

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
The Ascension of the Magdalene by Atlas Games (it's essentially Unknown Armies meets D&D) is largely roleplay.

the Jester

Legend
One of the adventures in the Age of Worms is largely roleplaying based. You'd have to alter it considerably in order to work it into your campaign, but I really liked it. Can't recall the title off hand, unfortunately. :heh:

JRR_Talking

First Post
party are too high a level for a truly mystery/intrique type thing. way too many detects et al

put a wholley roleplay should be quite doable, if there are any out there

Psion

Adventurer
One by atlas has already been mentioned, but I'll add Maiden Voyage and Splintered Peace (which is actually a sizeable hardbound.) There's also a Monkeygod adventure called All the Kings Men which is pretty decent.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
the Jester said:
One of the adventures in the Age of Worms is largely roleplaying based. You'd have to alter it considerably in order to work it into your campaign, but I really liked it. Can't recall the title off hand, unfortunately. :heh:

The Prince of Redhand in issue #131. Really great adventure.

Cheers!

shilsen

Adventurer
JRR_Talking said:
party are too high a level for a truly mystery/intrique type thing. way too many detects et al

put a wholley roleplay should be quite doable, if there are any out there
What level are you talking of? I'd argue that mystery/intrigue works fine at all levels. All you need are the antagonists to be smart enough to account for the existence of magic, which - since they live in a world full of magic - they really should be.

Remove ads