D&D 5E Suggestions For Variant Class Features

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I’ve proposed some support features for the fighter in another thread, as well as some Enhancement ideas to give them back followers and a “strong hold” of sorts.

What do y’all wanna see?

Yes please. Strongholds rule.

My level 3 fighter would love to have a Stronghold, but the DM says it costs 50000 gc, which is approximately 50000 more than the character currently owns.
I don't think that is a good use of a class feature.

If you want to run the sort of game where a character has a stronghold, discuss it with your DM. It may be that they aren't interested in running that sort of game, but if they are, then there are other ways to acquire one - conquest, inheritance, gift of the monarch.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
On the subject of clerics: trade armor prof. with Armored by Faith: AC 13+Dex, or Add Cha to AC.

I have an houserule that allow bards, paladins and rangers to trade spellcasting for maneuvers with special bonus on maneuver uses.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Expand sneak attack to include unarmed attacks. Martial arts characters should be able to use carotid chokes. Oh, and clubs. Whacking someone on the noggin with a club to knock them out is a time honored tradition. I know, I know, not really a class feature.

Expanded poison rules for Assassins would be cool to.

Remove ads