Suggestions to replace Halflings

Hairfoot

First Post
Another vote for goblins. They're small, but tough and cunning in a way that the fragile kender elflings aren't. And they can hold their booze.

Blair Goatsblood said:

How is this in anyway different from 4E halflings? Aside from the non-square ears and hair that doesn't naturally grow in braids?

And by that rhetorical question I mean a compliment. I like the way halflings fill the mythological niche of pygmies.

For the OP:

Another poster's suggested it in other threads, why not go with Monkeymen. Makes more sense for a riverine race than cat-people.

Szatany

First Post
wanna have halflings in a dark world? Make them crave humanoid flesh (including cannibalism). You could even take it a step further and make a feat tree about eating enemies and gaining short term powers from it.

Tewligan

First Post
Wightbred said:
I was worried about straight goblins, as R&C indicate some angst between Goblins and Elves. However I just read the Elf rules write-up and it doesn't look like the flavour transfers to the rules so it could be OK.
Even if the book did list trouble between elves and goblins, couldn't you just ignore that? I mean, you're already dropping an entire RACE - how much worse is it to adjust racial reactions to whatever your substitute race of choice is?

Oh, and here's another vote for goblins. Don't use a furry race - they're icky!

mhensley

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
I can't believe I didn't suggest this earlier...

Anthro Turtles.

Not TMNT guys.

Anthro turtles modeled on something like an Alligator Snapping turtle, big enough to work as living river-barges (size L?), and a dangerous bite attack.

See Tortles from the Mystara setting.

Mercule

Adventurer
I like the gremlins idea. You probably wouldn't even have to rework the stats, just the appearance.

Whisper gnomes from RoS looked pretty cool, too.

Remove ads