D&D 5E Suitable adventure for a PC vampire

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Just in case anyone's interested, here's what I ended up doing. (The PCs were level 3, by the way.)

I ran a scenario based around this puzzle that I found on YouTube:

The party was traveling and the vampires were getting hungry, so when they spotted a settlement up ahead, they expected to be able to snack on some villagers. However, when they got there, they found the place deserted. They followed a trail into the woods, where they found a ruined castle with the obelisk in the center. The necessary items for the statues were in chests scattered about the ruin. (I was able to borrow some terrain for this part, which the players really liked.)

Once they solved the obelisk puzzle, it sank into the ground, exposing a staircase leading downward. At the bottom of the stairs, two dire wolves guarded a door leading into a huge underground laboratory. In the lab, a mad scientist was brewing up some kind of experiment, with the villagers in cages waiting to be his test subjects. He had a tentacled abomination (stats of a gelatinous cube) for a bodyguard. The PCs saved the villagers and then bit a few of them.

Last edited:

Tony Vargas

Legend
Retrieve an artifact holy symbol from the arctic circle on the summer solstice.

Edit: darn, forgot "guarded by a militant order of armored-polar-bear Paladins"

What would scare a vampire?
Note that they asked for a spooky adventure, so "sunlight" or "paladins" won't fit that request.
Spooky is relative.

But, fine, the Vampires are pursued by an obsessive FBI agent convinced that they're actually alien hemovores abducting people in flying saucers, and he wants his sister back, or else.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
What happens when the Vampire gets hungry?

Is she the kind that will wantonly slaughter innocents or the kind that only eats bad people or will she try and resist, surviving on chicken blood?

that gives you an idea of the type of party - which then becomes your adventure motivation
1 Evil Conquerer: find a village to dominate and victims to eat
2 Superhero Adventure : Find some bad people and eat them
3 Saviour: Find ways to survive and overcome bloodlust

Remove ads