• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sultans of Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benben

First Post
Re: Magic Missile-thingy

This Smack could be beaten by a first level wizard with a shield spell active.

Archer

First Post
The powers of an item do not reflect the attributes or the class abilities of its creator. This is an actual ruling.

Furthermore, item creation rules are for creation of items that don't exist not making cheaper items with the same effect or items that exceed the maximum power of a given effect.

You could claim to make a ring of quickened heal to replace ring of regeneration. That way you automatically heal all your damage every round as a free action.

I could make Archer's arrow (or bow) of annihilation which had the spell effects of harm and meteor swarm killing anyone instantly, no save. With improved initiative and a dex of 40 I would win initiatve and with rapid shot and haste bow kill 6 monsters/characters. That would be the best smackdown to date.

-Eä-

First Post
Well, actually the intelligence score doesn't matter at all... The spell has no DC, after all. All you need is 4 9th level slots, which can be achieved by having 28 intelligence, although you would need to be 19th level to make the trick work, then.

Anyhow...it's a great idea, making a staff with that empowered Fox's Cunning. 114750 for 50 uses for 17 hours duration each time. Then you don't have a continuous effect, but it's great for upping the DCs of ones spells.

As for Ring of Concentration +40... What's wrong with that? We already have the Ring of Jumping +30!

By the way: Would it be possible to use a Rod of Maximisation to up the damage a bit?

BTW: (15^2)*1000=225000, not 306000

Last edited:

Admiral Ray

First Post
It's big, it's heavy, it's wood...

Over at the wizards.com D&D boards, somebody suggested using a Wish to wish for 15000 tons of wood. If you dropped that on someone, they'd take about

[(15000*2000)/200]d6 = 150000d6

Or 525000 average damage. Ouch.

However, a friend and I decided that it could be done better than that.

If you phrase the Wish so that'd you'd get all that wood in 1 lb. logs, you'd have 30 million logs. If all those logs where lined up 2x2x750000 straight above the target, and put them up high enough that they would all get the full 20d6 from falling damage, you'd do

(20*30000000)d6 or 600000000d6

2100000000 average damage. 2.1 billion.

Don't think they'll hold still to be hit by all that? That's what Hold Person and Hold Monster are for. :D

If you think that's too much to waste on one target, rephrase the wish so that you have the logs stacked 2x2x2 high above every 5' square you can manage. If my math is correct, that's about 3.36 square miles. Enough to squash the tiny nation of Monaco almost 5 times.

160d6 (average 560 damage) on every 5' square for that far around is pretty impressive. Of course, 2100000000 damage on a single target is nothing to laugh at either.

The only problem (at the moment) is that'd you would have to be very specific on how you phrase your wish. And if you use the Mass Area Killing Log Attack version, you should make sure to get the heck outta there fast.

Archer

First Post
I think the incantrix's power should reduce each metamagic feat by one but using triple empower is a +6 metamagic feat and the incantrix would reduce that to 5. The repeated use of metamagic feats with a discount isn't covered as it was always assumed that you paid the full cost each time.

daTim

First Post
I looked and didnt see this one yet, so I'll go ahead and post the ouline of it. Barbarian/ranger/fighter, then all forsaker

Start with 18 Con (human) put every point you get from level ups into con, then all forsaker points into it. By lvl 16 you can have a 32 constitution. Not only does this give you insane hitpoints, but your constitution bonus is applied to your armor from the forsaker class. thats +11 nautral armor, +13 when raged (cancels out the -2 AC from rage). If you max out the toughness feats, you can have over 500 HP when raging. Not a smackdown, but thats a heck of alot of HP.

strongbow

First Post
Revised Cleric/Paladin Smackdown

Human Paladin1/Fighter2/Cleric12/DivineDisciple1 (or Contemplative 1)

Items Required:

Rhino Hide Armor
One Lance
A Mount
Item that lets you cast Bless Weapon 1/day

Total Cost=Under 10,000 GP

Feats:
Power Attack
Power Critical

Extend Spell
Persistent Spell
Quicken Spell

Mounted Combat
Ride by Attack
Spirited Charge

(With Human & Fighter Bonus Feats, this can be done)

Access to Destruction, Time Domains (Luck Domain is a nice bonus)

Spells cast at the beginning of the day that last all day:
Persistent Haste (Haste is a ranged spell with a duration, so yes it can be made persistent. I'm surprised more people haven't seen this.
Extended Bull's Strength
Extended Greater Magic Weapon (on lance)

Strength =18 base +4 (4th,8th,12th,16th level) + 3 Bull's Strength= A modest 25

1st Round With Haste Partial Action, activate Bless Weapon. Cast Quickened True Strike (From Time Domain) and charge after you declare on your attack:

Power Attack (full BAB of +11)
Power Critical
Cleric Smite
Power Critical

To Hit:

BAB +11 (-11 Power Attack) +20 True Strike +7 Strength +4 Greater Magic Weapon, +4 Cleric Smite +2 Charge =+37

Damage:

1d8 + 7 Strength +11 Power Attack +4 Magic Weapon +13 Cleric Smite =1d8 +35

However:

Since with Power Critical, an attack is declared an automatic threat, and with Blessed Weapon, threats are treated as criticals (versus evil opponets)

so the damage becomes (1d8 +35) X3 Spirited Charge X2 Rhino Hide Armor X3 Critical from Lance=6d8 + 210.

To add insult to injury, even if you missed with a 1, use the luck domain to re-roll.

Hopefully no one will rain on my parade and tell me that some of the damage does not stack for critical purposes. I made this from the description of power critical within this thread, but without knowing the pre-reqs for it.

This smackdown requires no suprise round to prep, it can go off any time during the day.

Crothian

First Post
Re: Revised Cleric/Paladin Smackdown

strongbow said:

Persistent Haste (Haste is a ranged spell with a duration, so yes it can be made persistent. I'm surprised more people haven't seen this.

Persistant spell only applies to something with a personal ranged or a fixed range. Haste has a varible range so it can't be done, sorry.

strongbow

First Post
Thank you

I had the way Persistent Spell works backwards in my head. Oh well. Grrrr. Well, in a surpise round you could cast a quickened haste and then true strike, and attack the next round. A surprise round is allowed for smackdowns, so I guess it still qualifies.

jontherev

First Post
jontherev said:
By request :D here's my Fang of Lolth smackdown.

1 Rogue
2 Rogue
3 Rogue
4 Rogue
5 Rogue
6 Rogue
7 Rogue (qualify for
8 Fang of Lolth1
9 FoL2
10 FoL3
11 FoL4
12 FoL5
13 FoL6
14 FoL7
15 FoL8
16 FoL9
17 Fighter1
18 Fighter2
19 Ninja1
20 Assassin1

By 20th level, you are a death machine. A total of +9d6 sneak attack dice. BAB of +13 (not so hot). But who cares? That's easily overcome by these feats: Weapon Finesse (weapon of choice), Weapon Focus (same weapon), Expert Tactician, and by 18th level, you'll also have MultiDexterity, MultiAttack, and MultiTwoWeaponFighting (IF your DM allows these to be selected as fighter feats...if not that makes this smackdown a bit less nasty).

Let's see. 1 bite attack. 5 offhand attacks (normal offhand, and 4 spider legs). 3 primary hand attacks. 1 attack from Expert Tactician. 1 more attack if Hasted. Now, if you also took normal Ambidexterity, TWF, and Improved TWF, that another attack with your normal offhand. That's a possible of...12 attacks in one round if hasted, and 9 of those attacks are at the highest bonus!!! Now, if you have LOTS of money, add 6 weapons of speed for another 6 attacks. That's a possible 18 attacks. If you had a ring of blinking, you'd still hit with roughly 14 or 15 of them. So, assuming all were sneak attacks, that is a total of +162d6 if all attacks landed. Ouch. Plus weapon damage and all that good stuff. So, just from sneak attack damage alone, you have an average of 567...441 while blinking.

Also, instead of using weapons of speed, you could (again, if you had LOTS of cash and/or a friendly item creator and a few wishes maybe) use vorpal weapons. With 12 attacks, that's a 60% chance of an autokill vs. most opponents in one round. Of course, the 567 damage from before is probably better anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads