• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Super Dragon King Ghidorah!

Thalias

First Post
True Neutral kicks ass. Especially when combined with the spells protection from evil, good, law, chaos, magic, DM, monsters, death, etc.

Arc

First Post
Krishnath said:
Have I ever told you about my 18th LVL LE wizard in a mostly good party? :D
Actually, that sounds really cool. I've been tempted to do characters hiding their true alignment, but I've never actually gone for it. Last one was a ninja pretending to be a samurai using multiple Percieve Honor feats (changes detected alignment/honor by 1 step). Never went through with it though.

Krishnath

First Post
Arc: Hiding it? He made it clear from the beginning that he was LE, Besides, just because he is LE, it doesn't mean that he can't do good things or work with good people, neither does it mean that he is going to sell the rest of the party to slavers for a small profit. He is *Lawful* after all.
He is also a minor noble through birth and is currently working on a plan to give him control of his birth nation... (Leadership and Landlord feats of course) Also, he has his own magic tower. :D

Thalias: True Neutral?, Interresting... I prefer CN and LE myself... :D

Arc

First Post
See, my idea was to use the party to assasinate people. After all, what kind of leader doesn't congradulate the heroes once they've slain the monster. Course, high-tailing it out of there when those leaders start dying during the main course of the celebratory dinner would be a bit difficult, but certainly fun.

Our main campaign is a party of LE kobolds (demi wrote some rules that make them realistic playable monsters. -2 str, +2 cha, some other stuff). A major complaint that comes up is that we 'never seem to do anything evil'. We had one PK, (Congradulate thalias for that one), and we're all motivated by greed... but besides that, not much has been done. Any ideas for us (or demi) on how to run a truly evil LE party, in a LE society?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Ahh... tangential topic changes...
The thing is (acting on my own defense), the current campaign is really more set up for Law vs. Chaos than it is for Good vs. Evil. So evil actions are more nebulous than lawful, etc. And, really, it's not as if I'm entirely to blame. I keep telling you people that it's your impetus to be evil, but all you do is gripe about me. I've given you plenty of oppurtunity, and you've taken it. You've killed merchants who cheated you, stolen from each other and the state's coffers, cheated farmers, communed with fiends (one of them's a cohort for god's sake!), plotted against each other, altered your forms into hideous aberrations of their original with the help of scheming ettercaps and a very mad scientist, and are firmly entrenched in an entirely genocidal cause, and you say that's not evil enough?

Sigh.
Demiurge out.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Arc: Kobolds! LOL! Why play small reptilians when you can play Drow and get spell resistance? :D or Oni, or Mindflayers, or Tieflings? :D Anyways, if you need inspiration for being evil, I have four words for you: Book of Vile Darkness. ;)

Demiurge: I'm impressed, all that for a bunch of kobolds... Do you per chance have the BoVD? If you need ideas, feel free to ask. All I need is the average party level and I'm set to go. :p

Arc

First Post
Hmmm... Average party level: 9. Go 2 or 3 levels up, since we're more than 4, and are powergames who enjoy a challenge.

And it's kobolds because the basic campaign idea is "mammals haven't evolved yet." It's reptiles all the way.

I wasn't meaning to complain, demi, you've done a great job on keeping it evil now that we're out of the dungeon. It just felt really stale for a bit, I think the recent stuff is beginning to make it a bit more freeform. The less railroading that goes on, the more evil we are, and it seems you're taking the more relaxed approach... so things look good.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Krishnath said:

Demiurge: I'm impressed, all that for a bunch of kobolds... Do you per chance have the BoVD? If you need ideas, feel free to ask. All I need is the average party level and I'm set to go. :p

Oh, yes, I do have the BOVD. I'm so disappointed with it, though. Not only did I not get enough experience to place me halfway into my next level after I read it, I wasn't attacked by any evil outsiders after finishing it. ;)

I do have plenty of ideas, although more plot hooks never hurt anyone...

Demiurge out.

Arc

First Post
I've never been that impressed with the BoVD. The 'vile' teasers in Dragon 300 are much cooler than the majority of things in the BoVD, and the drugs, torture and diseases... meh. The only saving grace is the Festering Anger cheese, and Masochism/Sadism. Otherwise, mediocre.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I was quite fond of the BOVD, for the most part. The PrCs were all flavorful, the Lords of Darkness chapter bursts with plot ideas (even if the demon lords and archdevils aren't powerful enough, IMO), and the monster chapter is a lot of fun. I like shadow demons. A lot.

Demiurge out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads