• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Super Genius Games: Anachronistic Adventurers

cgraph

First Post
Loving this series so far, so I just wondered if anyone knew how far they were going to go with it? SGS doesn't seem to have a forum of their own, so this seemed to be the best place to ask. If you dont' have it, BTW, it's very nice-- more than enough to run a modern PF campaign say in the 1930's era.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the series so far! I plan at the very least to do two more classes (tentatively titles the luminary and the sensitive), and a fantasy/pulp crossover adventure (the City of Lights, due late next month).

I have more plans for beyond those as well, but they are significantly more tentative.

cgraph

First Post
Glad to hear you're enjoying the series so far! I plan at the very least to do two more classes (tentatively titles the luminary and the sensitive), and a fantasy/pulp crossover adventure (the City of Lights, due late next month).

I have more plans for beyond those as well, but they are significantly more tentative.

Thanks! I have to say that one of hte best strengths of this series is that you can play them out of the box with other pathfinder classes-- a big issue that I've often had with modern settings, going all the way back to the original d20 modern, is that while they use the same engine, they're not really compatible, not without a lot of work. Having something where your rather befuddled mage can end up in the middle of Casablanca is quite nice and shows a lot of hard work. Thanks again!

Thanks! I have to say that one of hte best strengths of this series is that you can play them out of the box with other pathfinder classes

Yeah, that has been a major design goal throughout the project, and I plan to keep it firmly in mind going forward. I think not doing that was a huge mistake for d20 Modern (as much as I loved that game, and wrote a lot for it). This is especially true when it comes to things like monsters. d20 Modern had to re-write monsters from D&D for them to be used. If the classes had been 1-for-1 compatible, all the MMs would have been bestiaries for supernatural d20 Modern games as well. The same is true for spells and magic items. The existing Pathfinder material is a huge resource, and I have no intention of making it all the Anachronistic Adventurer material just different enough you can't use the huge pile of books most of us already have.

Of course modern gaming has some different themes and needs as well, but I think those can be accommodated without making it a totally different game engine. The occultist from Anachronistic Adventurers: The Daredevil is one example of taking the huge store of existing material (Pathfinder spells) and re-tuning them for different types of game settings without throwing away balance.

I hope to continue to make that balancing act work. :)

Remove ads