Super Giveaway - All 5th Edition Books

dave2008

Legend
It was a "throw away comment" that misrepresented an entire side. The vast majority of us are arguing that the very slow release of crunch(and I shouldn't have included monster books in my prior list) is the issue. There might have been one or two arguing that the general release schedule is slow, but I've never seen that in a thread on the topic.
I'm with @TheSword , I remember the general slow release schedule being an issue. People were not just complaining about the lack of player-facing books or crunch. Maybe that was what they meant, but as a lot of people on this forum are mostly DMs, I think it covered all types of content. I know there were some specifically saying there was not enough adventure books because I was amazed how quickly they ran through a 1-15 level campaign.

GaelMaverick

Villager
Saw this on Jorphdan Channel, and already participating. HUGE giveaway indeed, and also worth checking project, with such great names involved and stunning miniatures.

My top 5e book always will be Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica. Not only love the setting flavor (which this Tanares RPG somewhat reminds me a little with all the political struggles and the whole new Team system at its core, now that I stopped to think about it), but it was the book that brought my Mtg friends to take a chance on dnd.

And from smaller (and often less talked books) like the Ricky and Morty and Stranger Things one, anyone here has an opinion on them?

Ale

Explorer
Saw this on Jorphdan Channel, and already participating. HUGE giveaway indeed, and also worth checking project, with such great names involved and stunning miniatures.

My top 5e book always will be Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica. Not only love the setting flavor (which this Tanares RPG somewhat reminds me a little with all the political struggles and the whole new Team system at its core, now that I stopped to think about it), but it was the book that brought my Mtg friends to take a chance on dnd.

And from smaller (and often less talked books) like the Ricky and Morty and Stranger Things one, anyone here has an opinion on them?
I don't know these ones. Do you usually get expansions from KS camapigns?

Michael-Alves

Lead Game Designer - Dragori Games
The Artificer I loved to play since Eberron 3rd. Usually played as Warforged.

I loved playing a House Cannith Artificer. As i always like the political conspiracy of Eberron more then anything else.
I DM'ed for Warforgeds a couple times, but the only time i played one was a Druid. =X (It was a druid of the sewers, back in 3.5, it even had feats and alternative features that were related to sewers and city. Weird but very fun to play character.)

I find naming warforgeds hard, but i have seen great names from other people. How you named your warforgeds?

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I find naming warforgeds hard, but i have seen great names from other people. How you named your warforgeds?
My party's Warforged chose one of the names recommended in Rising from the Last War ("Lucky"), and then combined it with one of the Tiefling Virtue names from the tables in Xanathar's Guide to Everything ("Laughter"). So, our eccentric warforged battlesmith artificer is named "Lucky Laughter" and added a part to his backstory about serving in the Last War alongside a Tiefling comrade whose Virtue name was Laughter, who taught Lucky how to laugh.

GaelMaverick

Villager
I don't know these ones. Do you usually get expansions from KS camapigns?
I am somewhat new on Kickstarters and even 3rd parties in General since I was one of those purists that believed that "official" material and my homebrewing abilities were more than enough. Then, last year I ended up backing Heckna, from HP Press, with some other previous material and suddenly, it became the favorite in the two tables I took part in. This year I already backed Heliana´s Guide to Hunting (great btw), Dungeons of Drakenheim, and Vault of Magic by Kobold Press. I am enjoying it as the great ones really fill the gaps that WotC seems to not bother at all, even with so many releases nowadays, it has given your sessions a REALLY uniqueness feeling and I think the possibility of being in direct touch with the devs/designers really improve the end result. Not to mention it is fun to be part of a newborn community and the value you get from the stretch goals, not presented when just getting a retail book. So yes, I am starting to really get into them, and my next target is this Tanares RPG, I think it can become something very special with the quality standard presented, and planning to back it on day one since the dragon miniature is the most awesome free reward I ever came across in my time following dnd also on KS. You should give it a good check if I may say.

Ale

Explorer
I am somewhat new on Kickstarters and even 3rd parties in General since I was one of those purists that believed that "official" material and my homebrewing abilities were more than enough. Then, last year I ended up backing Heckna, from HP Press, with some other previous material and suddenly, it became the favorite in the two tables I took part in. This year I already backed Heliana´s Guide to Hunting (great btw), Dungeons of Drakenheim, and Vault of Magic by Kobold Press. I am enjoying it as the great ones really fill the gaps that WotC seems to not bother at all, even with so many releases nowadays, it has given your sessions a REALLY uniqueness feeling and I think the possibility of being in direct touch with the devs/designers really improve the end result. Not to mention it is fun to be part of a newborn community and the value you get from the stretch goals, not presented when just getting a retail book. So yes, I am starting to really get into them, and my next target is this Tanares RPG, I think it can become something very special with the quality standard presented, and planning to back it on day one since the dragon miniature is the most awesome free reward I ever came across in my time following dnd also on KS. You should give it a good check if I may say.
Yes, there are many thrid parties materials amazing. And now KS are making possible to lots of publishers to create products

Michael-Alves

Lead Game Designer - Dragori Games
My party's Warforged chose one of the names recommended in Rising from the Last War ("Lucky"), and then combined it with one of the Tiefling Virtue names from the tables in Xanathar's Guide to Everything ("Laughter"). So, our eccentric warforged battlesmith artificer is named "Lucky Laughter" and added a part to his backstory about serving in the Last War alongside a Tiefling comrade whose Virtue name was Laughter, who taught Lucky how to laugh.

Nice background.
Mine was an abandoned Warforged, that was aimeless after the war. Because it had no purpose, and most people didn't like warforgeds, it ended living in the sewers. There it watched as people on the city was both vicious and evil, as well as cheerful and friendly with each other.
Over the yrs it tried to learn how humans worked, and to find a new place for itself in the world.
There it learned how to commune with the essence of the city, and become a druid by itself, while it tried to understand the people and the walls and streets around it.
It was called Thing by the people of the city, but it named itself Keeper when it took for itself the responsibility to care for the city, the living things in it, and its "natural" ambient.

Remove ads