Super Giveaway - All 5th Edition Books

Quickleaf

Legend
Looks like an impressive product, and thanks for the giveaway! My favorite book so far has been Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, but I'm looking forward to Witchlight.

niklinna

satisfied?
Well I entered an email different from my kickstarter.com email, and it worked. Oh and my favorite book is Tasha's Cauldron of Everything! (Xanathar's a close second.)

Michael-Alves

Lead Game Designer - Dragori Games
I reccomend you to try Tyrants of the Underdark
This one is not a crawler, but its a amazing game. I played it couple times but i don't own any copy.
Do you have all of them?

Well I entered an email different from my kickstarter.com email, and it worked. Oh and my favorite book is Tasha's Cauldron of Everything! (Xanathar's a close second.)
Books with feats/subclasses are the ones i like the most too. (Even being a DM, i like options for players more then monsters... yeah... weird)

Whats your favorite contents on Tasha?

niklinna

satisfied?
Books with feats/subclasses are the ones i like the most too. (Even being a DM, i like options for players more then monsters... yeah... weird)

Whats your favorite contents on Tasha?
I like the new summon spells. Although they muddy the waters by adding yet another kind of "pet" with its own rules for handling, they seem to be much easier to use for both player and GM. The new beast master ranger pet is also a big improvement, but it too has its own slightly different rules for handling. How many different kinds are there now?

Michael-Alves

Lead Game Designer - Dragori Games
I like the new summon spells. Although they muddy the waters by adding yet another kind of "pet" with its own rules for handling, they seem to be much easier to use for both player and GM. The new beast master ranger pet is also a big improvement, but it too has its own slightly different rules for handling. How many different kinds are there now?
True!
But the old ranger pet rules were... meh IMHO.
I much prefer a bit more complex gameplay, but one that is really useful and comparable with other options then making pets just weak and kinda useless.

Do you prefer the rules where you need to give up one of your attacks, the one that uses a bonus action, or those where the summon has its own full actions independent of you?

I think the bonus action one is the most balanced. As you can make the pet have a good CR, and avoid any balance problem. With a fully independent pet its CR would be lower, and hit and damage would become less and less meaningful.

niklinna

satisfied?
Oh the old beast master is weak, yeah. But, there's a difference between complex and complicated.

Giving up your own attack is pretty clearly terrible. The new beast master pets contrast with the new summons in several ways: They're always around (usually), share your turn, and require no concentration, whereas the summons require an action, always act after you, and require concentration to keep around. With all the pluses for the beast master, I guess there had to be some offsetting cost, but it still seems weird that you have to keep giving the same order turn after turn; you'd think a beast would keep attacking its target until told otherwise! But sensible things often crash hard against game rules. On the other hand, a beast master ranger could cast a summon spell and have two pets commanded in their different ways.

Remove ads