• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Super Hero rpg: checking interest

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
I started a new recruitment thread here.

Got it, digesting. Write up when not on ipad.

like much of it, but have thoughts from attempt at own supers system; different rules premises, but enough to know I like a lot of what you've done.

Glad you picked it up and have been enjoying it so far. Happy to discuss game design concepts.

As for Iron Man

[sblock=Iron Man]
Note that the [H] indicates that a talent is hard-tech. Hard-tech gives a bonus die in narrow circumstances but has a number of drawbacks. Including not being able to spend Strainpoints to boost rolls.
Note that this version of Iron Man has more Talents than a starting character.

Iron Man

Identity: Tony Stark

Accuracy: 3- hand blast [O]
Mobility: 5- rocket boots [F,H], 2- flight agility [F,H]
Toughness: 4- armoured suit [D], 3- environmental protection [D]
Might: 5- chest blast [O], 3- lift and flight lift [F]
Brains: 4- rich and influential [F], 3- invent suit-enhancements [F], 3- unhackable [D]
Senses: 3- sight [F,H], 2- linked-up (mobile, internet, radio) [F,H]

Superpower Finesse: 3- Flight,

Weakness: Heart dependent on suits power supply. All “powers” dependent on power supply. Suffers Lifepoint damage when in negative Strain. Chest blast costs a Strainpoint.

Strainpoints: 6
Lifepoints: 6

Relations: 3- tinkering in lab, 2- Jarvis, 2- Pepper Potts, 2- recharge

Description of Talents:

Most of these are pretty obvious so I’ll just say

Invent Suit-Enhancements (3- brains): This gives Tony a chance (rolled) to have enhanced his suit to have a particular ability. The GM sets the difficulty of the challenge to have the desired enhancement. Enhancements act as rank 2 Talents.

Marvel Universe

Group: Avengers
Orientation: Hero
Role: Smart Flier

[/sblock]

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
@Thondor - Exactly what I was thinking. Also, if the Power description DOES work as I suggested to Fire above, would said power be usable for non-mobility purposes? Such as defensively, or pooling with an attack to represent tricky martial arts/cool mobile fighting? If so, I may indeed take it at a higher rank after all now that I've thought more no the subject.

You could indeed pool 'parkour' with attack or defensive actions (and more creative actions as well). There is a limit to how often you can do this sort of thing, basically once* per confrontation.

*this isn't accurate it depends on how many other Talents you have which you could feasibly use in a pool with Parkour. The actual rule is once per set of Talents.

Let's move the discussion over to the new thread shall we?

Last edited:

Remove ads