• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread II

Vanifae

First Post
"Maybe. It just seemed like it worked a little too well," Star replies.

She heads to the team's common area and drops into a seat.
Apollo is playing music on his guitar he looks up as Star enters, "Hey good to see you walking around, gave me quite the scare earlier."

DM_Matt

First Post
"Maybe. It just seemed like it worked a little too well," Star replies.

She heads to the team's common area and drops into a seat.

"Ya know, you can take good news every once in a while. Just because all is not necessarily well doesn't mean you can't take some comfort in what you've got. " Black says, going back to the common room with her. "Its the positive that can get you through this stuff. If I couldn't think about what I did have going for me, I'd have died in a jungle or a terrorist-infested third-world city somewhere a long time ago...or given in to true darkness."

Victim

First Post
Ya know, you can take good news every once in a while. Just because all is not necessarily well doesn't mean you can't take some comfort in what you've got. " Black says, going back to the common room with her. "Its the positive that can get you through this stuff. If I couldn't think about what I did have going for me, I'd have died in a jungle or a terrorist-infested third-world city somewhere a long time ago...or given in to true darkness."

"The disappointment is hard to take," Star says quietly as they head towards the common area. "Besides, I'm not brave like you and the others. If I expected a lot of positive things from life, I wouldn't be so ready to risk it."

Apollo is playing music on his guitar he looks up as Star enters, "Hey good to see you walking around, gave me quite the scare earlier."

Megan sits down next to him. "Sorry. It's sort of sad that I was supposed to be covering you though."

Last edited:

Elric

First Post
Nitro considers their options for a press conference.

"We're planning to hold Thess's funeral soon, anyway, right? Why don't we just hold a press conference at the funeral and do a few press releases in the meantime to increase anticipation? We're not going to get a better moment to make our case against Barrington- I mean Cinci-douchbag- than the funeral of someone killed by his terrorist thugs."

Jemal

Adventurer
Jack swears at Mr Blue's timing. "Take care of Hope, she looks like she'll be ok, but see if you can find out what she's talking about. I've got an important meeting to attend." With that, he takes off to meet Mr Blue.

"Mister Blue, thank you for taking the time to see me. In short, we have a major problem with Barrington's 'group'. Specifically speaking, that's the very large amount of high technology they've got, and it's most probable source, Control Freak. Now I don't know about anyone else, but all that power is sure making me nervous, especially since I myself use a fair bit of tech to enhance my fighting powers. I was wondering if you'd work with me on coming up with something - anything - to help us even out the playing field.

DM_Matt

First Post
Jack swears at Mr Blue's timing. "Take care of Hope, she looks like she'll be ok, but see if you can find out what she's talking about. I've got an important meeting to attend." With that, he takes off to meet Mr Blue.

"Mister Blue, thank you for taking the time to see me. In short, we have a major problem with Barrington's 'group'. Specifically speaking, that's the very large amount of high technology they've got, and it's most probable source, Control Freak. Now I don't know about anyone else, but all that power is sure making me nervous, especially since I myself use a fair bit of tech to enhance my fighting powers. I was wondering if you'd work with me on coming up with something - anything - to help us even out the playing field.

"Its not just CF. Doctor Otaku is just as good an inventor, if not better. Plus, they have the alien tech that Barri-I mean, Cincinnatus, took at the beginning of his career, and Daedalus' tech database in the lighthouse. Not to mention some possible alien tech form Ares. We're always working on counters, but we are only getting in so much information about what they've developed. The best thing you can do for us is to keep bringing back captured tech or scans of the stuff they are fielding. I know your visor can do that."

kirinke

First Post
Hope struggles to catch her breath as the vision fades, leaving her in a state of confusion, her eyes fading back to blue. This was as bad as the first vision she ever had, back when she was a child. When it finally hits her, what happened, she forces herself to sit up.

"We can't attack the towers," she whispers hoarsely. "Not with missiles, not with anything that will take lives. They're mystical actuators. They feed off of death and Barrington plans to use them to open some sort... of interdimensional gate. I saw it. Flames, horns. Teeth." She looked up at Black. "The US is planning to launch some sort of missile attack at Barrington. Stop it. The price will be too high."

kirinke

First Post
"I sawit. I can't see the future. I see the past. How can I see the future?" she looked worried. "Why now?" she asked. "I... think I need to go to the infirmery."

Victim

First Post
"I thought he didn't have the nuke proofing technology yet - if he does than today was pretty pointless." Star says. "Are you sure you didn't confuse the towers he's been dropping with the special one linked to the drill? We already knew it supposed to absorb nuclear weapon attacks, and we've mentioned the possibility that some kind of portal device is going to be the payload."

"Those simulations would be pretty horrible if you think it actually happening in a crowded area. I can see why you'd freak out about it, especially with the complications from your injuries and the ensueing confusion. Maybe you should head back to the infirmary."

"Barrington is just bad news... does this guy ever take a break?" Apollo sighs.

"Maybe that's what he was doing before he started this whole mess."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads