• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread II

Vanifae

First Post
Apollo shrugs smirking at Star, "You guys figure it out, I am sure either way we can figure out something... but visions are not my specialty."

kirinke

First Post
Apollo shrugs smirking at Star, "You guys figure it out, I am sure either way we can figure out something... but visions are not my specialty."

"To tell the truth, visions of the future are a damned new thing for me too." she shook her head. "I thought I was done developing new powers. Visions suck," she said.

Y'know, it'd be easier if she knew what it was like to walk in another's shoes. Judgemental much? she grouses to herself as she heads for therapy with Ms. Pink.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
"That's right, we have to work together. We don't have to be friends or like each other. To me, working means not claiming stuff you make up is important information. And it means not ranting about your religious beliefs every 5 minutes." Geez, I wonder how innocent people she's convicted or killed on the basis of fill in the blanks vision BS. Absolute certainty+law enforcement powers... No wonder superheroes need to deal supervillains; AEGIS is crap.

"I don't think I want to deal a funeral and answering the concerns of those lawyers at the same time. We should seem all confident and superhero-y when we answer everyone's concerns, which doesn't seem right for a funeral."

Cmon, tell me you want to do something.

"Well, I didn't really want to get into this right now," Star walks off, heading towards her room.

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic walks in from his meeting with Mr Blue *OOC: Unless he had anything else to ask/say?* "You know guys, I'm supposed to be able to SEE everything, not HEAR everything. Your... 'conversation' was geting a bit loud. Now, what about Visions?"

DM_Matt

First Post
Jack shot a sharp glance at Blue when he corrected himself on what to call 'Cincinatus'.. Giving into the tyrants desires like that only gave him more power.

"Regardless of where or how Barrington is getting the tech, we need to come up with a way to neutralize it.. or at least to downplay the advantage it gives them. Now, I didn't get a chance to scan all of them, but I downloaded some specs from the mech I took over, and here's the scans of Battle bunny, Control Freak, and Killer bee, as well as Recordings of the battle. I also managed to get a scan of the Mystery Super.. just in case.
Jack uploaded the info for Blue and thought for a moment. "Do we have access to Daedlus' tech database? That would be a bit more we'd know about what they can do."

[sblock=ooc] I believe those were the 3 Optic was in the same room with.. If I'm wrong somebody please correct me. I'm not sure if just being able to 'see' someone is good enough to scan them, so I limited it to those I was in close range of.
[/sblock]

(You'd have to have actively used your analytical vision, since you'd need to make a special effort to gather the enormous amount of information you can theoretically pick up. You'll incidentally have quite a bit though, so you can turn that in.)

"I'll see what I can do with this. We have access, though not remote access, to Daedalus' database -- the problem is that some of it was ONLY present in the Lighthouse. If you want to have a look at what he has, you should contact him directly. That sounds like a good strategy for determining their strengths and weaknesses, though."

DM_Matt

First Post
White picks up her phone and takes a look "Alright guys, more news on the funeral. There will be three eulogies other than you guys. Thess' father, Lady Liberty, and Psi Ki, Viridian's old partner...by a random coincidence, we've been in contact with her about the Grant case. The funeral will be politicized no matter what you do, the only question is wether you want to hold a press conference in the morning or just let Mr. Silver take care of it. Either way, though, we need to figure out what we're doing ASAP."

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Optic walks in from his meeting with Mr Blue *OOC: Unless he had anything else to ask/say?* "You know guys, I'm supposed to be able to SEE everything, not HEAR everything. Your... 'conversation' was geting a bit loud. Now, what about Visions?"

Hope told him about the newest wrinkle in her powers and the subsequent vision she had, verbatum, as well as about her collaspe. "I got lucky. First time I ever had a post-cog vision, I went into cardiac arrest. This was still pretty bad though."

Vanifae

First Post
"Well until then I am taking a break, Star want to hit up California, I got a nice place in San Francisco we can chill at, lay low and get back to nature," Apollo says standing.

DM_Matt

First Post
In the time leading up to the funeral, Mr. Silver handles the publicity. He says that the group is grieving, and will not be speaking to the press until after the funeral. He also reveals that the purpose of the mission was to keep Barrington from stealing sensitive nuclear technology with disturbing military applications. Another release reveals that the supers opposing them included known terrorists, and includes information on CF's newly-enhanced Hamas bodyguards. Finally, he continues to emphasize that the group is not a government agency or a part of one, nor is it in any way government funded.

The magnitude of your victory becomes clearer as more information comes out. It seems this attack was Barrington's big play for the Arab world, and he was able to get a number of countries to join him in trying to rescue captured Arab supers, but that aspect of the mission was a total failure. Now in these countries there is a great deal of debate about whether or not Barrington is providing the right path, or at least whether a full or partial commitment to him should be pursued.

Furthermore, Barrington's forces' defeat in their major battlefield debut has called his power and prestige into question worldwide. He hasn't necessarily lost countries, but he certainly has lost enthusiasm.

--------------------------------------
So the group is about to go to the funeral...

BTW, Psi Ki, you aren't with the group yet, but you should start posting now.

kirinke

First Post
"That's right, we have to work together. We don't have to be friends or like each other. To me, working means not claiming stuff you make up is important information. And it means not ranting about your religious beliefs every 5 minutes." Geez, I wonder how innocent people she's convicted or killed on the basis of fill in the blanks vision BS. Absolute certainty+law enforcement powers... No wonder superheroes need to deal supervillains; AEGIS is crap.

"I don't think I want to deal a funeral and answering the concerns of those lawyers at the same time. We should seem all confident and superhero-y when we answer everyone's concerns, which doesn't seem right for a funeral."

Cmon, tell me you want to do something.

"Well, I didn't really want to get into this right now," Star walks off, heading towards her room.

Hope smiles a little. "I'm working on my issues Star, it's... not easy." she said quietly.

Remove ads