• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread II

Victim

First Post
"Is this okay? Should I get some black somethings? I don't remember any other funerals..." Star asks. "And it's been a long time since I've been to church."

DM_Matt

First Post
"I'm sorry," Star cries. "Don't let me screw this up too."

White puts her arm around Star. "Its not your fault. Say it. Let me hear you say it. 'It's not my fault' "

Blue light sparkles around Star, and forms some additions to her costume. A black cape that covers the shoulders and tapers into a triangular front piece, a domino mask with star shapes around the eyes instead of ovals, and black bands around the wrists and ankles.

kirinke

First Post
Hope smiles a little and goes back to her room, looking over her costume. She makes a few changes, instead of blue highlights, she uses green, the same shade that Vi used in her costume. She also changes the red-armbands to green.

"In her honour," she said quietly when she was done, looking it over. "Don't let me betray her memory."

ooc:
Thumbnail is sorta what she looks like with the changes. Before it was blue highlights. Now it's green in honour of Vi's memory. ;)

Attachments

• The Saint Mark 2.jpg
    The Saint Mark 2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Elric

First Post
Nitro appears, wearing a dark suit. It is a decidedly strange look for the wrestler.

“Well, may as well get to the funeral. You’re not to blame, Star. Jeez, everything is sad enough around here already. I hate getting reminded about my own mortality.”

Vanifae

First Post
Apollo arrives in a custom Italian suit, black with shades and his hair slicked back with dark highlights. Everything is just in the right place although his customary smile is missing replaced by a somber look to match the mood of the occasion. In his breast pocket is a single white rose which he places on the casket as he approaches. He adjusts the light just so to place their honored ally in the spotlight so to speak.

He stands next to Star and gives her a soft squeeze producing handkerchief to dry her tears. Apollo whispers to her, “Don’t beat yourself up babe, save that for Barrington.”

kirinke

First Post
Hope dressed as the Saint, joins them, her new colours an obvious homage to Viridian, her way of mourning a lost friend.

"Star, nothing could be done." she said quietly. "Vi wouldn't have wanted you to drown yourself in guilt." she added, her own voice catching as she cupped her hands in front of her.

The air shimmered and solidified, forming a perfectly clear rose. It hovered in front of them. "I... was thinking, we could each add a bit of our own powers to this, just a little so that well...." her voice trembled. "I guess it would be something from all of us as a team for her," she bowed her head. "It's an old spell, but a good one, one that honours the fallen."

DM_Matt

First Post
The group arrives at St. George's Cathedral, a huge, Gothic-style Cathedral with numerous stained glass windows, most notably one depicting the dragon slaying by its eponymous saint. To avoid any problems with crowds, White teleports everyone to the interior of the Church.

Across the street is Liberty Park, the massive, Central Park-like cultural center of Freedom City. In the park are well-wishers and protesters, many holding signs. While the supporters held typical condolence and pro-Supers stuff, the opponents were a mish-mash of radicals, conspiracy theorists, and Barrington supporters, chanting anti-government, anti-"imperialist", and pro-Barrington slogans about peace and freedom and all that good-sounding stuff that Barrington claims to offer. Reporters are on the scene, talking to the people in the park and staking out the building for your arrival.

Police try to keep everything under control, and Black (In the audience with a long suit jacket covering his guns) and his people are in position to deal with any problems. Your plane is circling above the action, with Jacobson monitoring the situation on the ground. Harriman leads a sniper team that hopefully wont have to do anything.

The church is packed with notables. Freedom City has always been the most pro-Supers city in the world, and the local worthies have done their best to show up. In an area to the side of the main hall where you teleport in, you find the remnants of the Freedom League, as well as Archbishop Fairwell.

Remove ads