Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread II

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Wren's attire is that of a business man's suit, complete with jacket and tie. He is not used to this type of formality, as he can't recall ever going to a funeral....

A bit misplaced with his feelings, he knows that there is a reason for everything. There has to be... he thinks to himself...

DM_Matt

First Post
The group arrives at St. George's Cathedral, a huge, Gothic-style Cathedral with numerous stained glass windows, most notably one depicting the dragon slaying by its eponymous saint. To avoid any problems with crowds, White teleports everyone to the interior of the Church.

Across the street is Liberty Park, the massive, Central Park-like cultural center of Freedom City. In the park are well-wishers and protesters, many holding signs. While the supporters held typical condolence and pro-Supers stuff, the opponents were a mish-mash of radicals, conspiracy theorists, and Barrington supporters, chanting anti-government, anti-"imperialist", and pro-Barrington slogans about peace and freedom and all that good-sounding stuff that Barrington claims to offer. Reporters are on the scene, talking to the people in the park and staking out the building for your arrival.

Police try to keep everything under control, and Black (In the audience with a long suit jacket covering his guns) and his people are in position to deal with any problems. Your plane is circling above the action, with Jacobson monitoring the situation on the ground. Harriman leads a sniper team that hopefully wont have to do anything.

The church is packed with notables. Freedom City has always been the most pro-Supers city in the world, and the local worthies have done their best to show up. In an area to the side of the main hall where you teleport in, you find the remnants of the Freedom League, as well as Archbishop Fairwell.

(More Info)

One of the lead protesters is, according to Black and his people, Hana Maslin, the witch who first got Thess involved with magic and later convinced her that she was using too much of it, commanding the universe instead of properly channeling it. She's telling reporters that "The government murdered my friend. They manipulated her into becoming a soldier, and that got her killed. They took advantage of her idealism and her dangerous additction to magical energies. They knew the danger, they just didn't care."

Through the door, Optic notices a man and a woman standing around the front of the church, wearing black and with large jackets identifying them as church employees. What he finds odd is how well armed they are....hiding more weapons even than Black, and they carry swords as well as guns and grenades.

Also present is a young woman no one recognizes...(Psy Ki, you may now post, though other conversations may go on as well).

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Hope in her Saint guise holds the rose she created in one hand, her mask shielding her emotions from flashing cameras and video. She hears the protesters and Hanna and swallows her rage.

Vi wasn't addicted to magic. She just stood. Which is more than I can say for you, coward. she thought as Hanna spoke. Her eyes are pure white, given that she is on edge.

Last edited:

Elric

First Post
(I assume there's a TV or something where we can actually see the protest despite being at the interior of the Church, or that we were watching this right before getting here)

"I didn't know there were this many dope-smoking radicals in the entire country outside of Berkeley. Now I see how Ms. Cleo makes her money. Can't we just go back to the good old days when these people ranted about the world being run by a bunch of shapeshifting dinosaur-like reptiles and stayed out of supporting homicidal supervillains desiring and fully capable of world domination."

Psi Ki

First Post
Turning around she notices the others and walks towards them,her facial expression contemplative, yet stoic. Hello, my name is Psi Ki.

kirinke

First Post
Hope turns around, seeing the woman and hearing the thoughts broadcasted through her mind. "Mine is Saint," she said quietly through her windborn words ability. "I would say welcome, but..." she shook her head sadly. "Not here, not like this," waves of bone deep sorrow seem to emanate from the sorceress. "Yet, you are welcome, to join us in mourning our friend, whom was yours as well." she said formally, moving over so the new lady could join them on the pew.

"They lie you know. Vi wasn't addicted to magic. She just stood, which is more than most of those out there can say," Saint added, a touch of simmering rage colouring the deep mourning she was in. "She cared enough to stand."

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Star frowns and bites her lip at the crowd, protesters, and slanderous 'friend.' Is that kind of comment really appropriate right now, Nitro.

(I'm assuming that was mental communication)

Star thinks back, "I don't know you."

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic wears his visor and a formal (very pricey) black suit, with his nanotech suit still stowed in his belt, in case things get dicey.

He transmits a short warning message(About the 'church employees) to the rest of his team (As well as any trust members he knows are present) as text messages to their phones. He sets the messages to arrive throughout the next few minutes (before the service starts though), so it won't appear as though a dozen people just got paged at once, with Black receiving the first message immediately.

Elric

First Post
Psi Ki. Nitro's heaping of scorn on the protesters, WWE style, is momentarily forgotten. He had a vague inkling he'd heard that name mentioned somewhere.

"Wait, weren't you associated with Viridian in some way?"

kirinke

First Post
"She was Viridian's old partner before she joined up with us," Saint responded quietly, making room for the newcomer, silently welcoming her, even at such a sorrowful time. The transparent rose in her hand pulsed a little with energy as she breathed an old spell into it, one she hoped to reveal at the burial. She smiled under her mask. It would be well, a fitting tribute to the wiccan who had taught her patience, if nothing else.

Last edited:

Remove ads