Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread II

Elric

First Post
"Oh. Well, pleased to meant you, Psi Ki. Sorry it's in such a terrible time."

(Gets the message from Jack about the 'church employees)

Are some supervillains trying to interrupt the funeral? Or attack those present? Well, kicking ass is more fun than sitting through funeral services. But, as Star would probably remind me, charging out looking for a fight doesn't seem too appropriate.

kirinke

First Post
"Well, that puts a new twist in things, doesn't it?" she said quietly, reading the message Jack sent. "They're probably Vatican guards, but...." her eyes closed briefly. "Let's be on our guard, yes?" she frowned and spoke quietly to the ArchBishop about the 'church employees'.

"Friends of mine noticed two heavily armed individuals outside with church 'employee' insignias on their uniforms. Are they truly your people?" she asked quietly, through the wind-born words ability, after identifying herself.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
"Well, that puts a new twist in things, doesn't it?" she said quietly, reading the message Jack sent. "They're probably Vatican guards, but...." her eyes closed briefly. "Let's be on our guard, yes?" she frowned and spoke quietly to the ArchBishop about the 'church employees'.

"Friends of mine noticed two heavily armed individuals outside with church 'employee' insignias on their uniforms. Are they truly your people?" she asked quietly, through the wind-born words ability, after identifying herself.

The Archbishop says "They are indeed ours. We have increased security worldwide due to Barrington's threat. We fear his movement is becoming a powerful false faith in many places we are currently active. We know not his particular plan, but we have our ways of knowing important things about the cosmos and its future -- and we know that Barrington will tilt the universe towards evil. Some among us have speculated that he is the Antichrist. We are concerned that not enough is being done to counter Barrington as he and his proxies sweep over the world...but that is a matter for another setting."

kirinke

First Post
The Archbishop says "They are indeed ours. We have increased security worldwide due to Barrington's threat. We fear his movement is becoming a powerful false faith in many places we are currently active. We know not his particular plan, but we have our ways of knowing important things about the cosmos and its future -- and we know that Barrington will tilt the universe towards evil. Some among us have speculated that he is the Antichrist. We are concerned that not enough is being done to counter Barrington as he and his proxies sweep over the world...but that is a matter for another setting."

Saint smiled a little to herself. Barrington wasn't the Antichrist by any means. But neither was he harmless. After the vision she had recently, she knew he was the harbringer, the herald of something truly evil. Something.... Beyond even what the church would consider the Antichrist.

"You aren't far off the mark. Among our group is one who can sense the cosmic order, I myself have recently begun to have visions of the future. All point to something terrible happening if we don't stop it, Barrington is at the center. I.... would speak more of this if you are willing to hear it, perhaps after the funeral. I.... also think I need to confess, though I am not Catholic, if you would...." she asked quietly again through the windborn words.

DM_Matt

First Post
Saint smiled a little to herself. Barrington wasn't the Antichrist by any means. But neither was he harmless. After the vision she had recently, she knew he was the harbringer, the herald of something truly evil. Something.... Beyond even what the church would consider the Antichrist.

"You aren't far off the mark. Among our group is one who can sense the cosmic order, I myself have recently begun to have visions of the future. All point to something terrible happening if we don't stop it, Barrington is at the center. I.... would speak more of this if you are willing to hear it, perhaps after the funeral. I.... also think I need to confess, though I am not Catholic, if you would...." she asked quietly again through the windborn words.

"The multitude of sources seems to confirm our fears. Regarding confession, I am sorry but confession is a holy sacrament that cannot be performed in isolation from the others. I cannot take confession from someone who is not a member of the church. We can provide council, but not grace."

Elric

First Post
Some among us have speculated that he is the Antichrist.

Oh no! Even the people on our side have all of these crazy conspiracy theory-type views at well. Oh well, we'll take the support we can get"

We are concerned that not enough is being done to counter Barrington as he and his proxies sweep over the world...but that is a matter for another setting

I'm concerned that we haven't won too. But supervillains don't get defeated in a day, even though that was all it took for them to kill Vi

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
More craziness. Figures. Well, I'm sorry we're not doing a good enough job for you. Maybe you should have a go at it. "I don't think this is what anyone wanted either." Except Barrington. It feels like the hammer is about to fall, like all the complaints and protests were just to set us up for something. But I worry too much.

kirinke

First Post
"The multitude of sources seems to confirm our fears. Regarding confession, I am sorry but confession is a holy sacrament that cannot be performed in isolation from the others. I cannot take confession from someone who is not a member of the church. We can provide council, but not grace."

"Council is what I meant, I am grateful." Saint replied and looked at Star, when she heard the sarcastic overtones in her voice. "Be nice, the newcomer mourns as well." Saint told the prickly superheroine.

ooc:
I think that when Hope speaks with her wind-born words ability, it's mostly silent communication. But she does relay the important parts of what the Archbishop tells her, minus her own asking for council. ;)

As to why Hope is sounding so different, right now she is in deep mourning, plus she's feeling alot more clear and level headed than she's been in months. Basically, she's beginning to heal from the trials she faced with Faust and is approaching her old self. She is still going to lapse from time to time (like with the future vision).

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
More craziness. Figures. Well, I'm sorry we're not doing a good enough job for you. Maybe you should have a go at it. "I don't think this is what anyone wanted either." Except Barrington. It feels like the hammer is about to fall, like all the complaints and protests were just to set us up for something. But I worry too much.

"No, it isn't. But it is the challenge that the world has been presented. Hopefully we will rise to that occasion. I suspect that more and more people are realizing the threat he poses, and more and more will mobilize against him."

Remove ads