Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread II

DM_Matt

First Post
(Ok, it seems that Psi Ki wasn't quite ready, so well delay discussing her introduction and move on for the moment)

Soon two more individuals walk in -- a middle aged couple. The man is tall and handsome, with slightly-graying hair and a very expensive black suit. He has a bit of an aristocratic air to him. The woman wears black, too, with a lacy black veil hanging form her hat. The man introduces himself "I am Henry DesJardin. this is my wife, Violet. I take it you are were Thessaly's colleagues."

Elric

First Post
For once Nitro's aura of bluster seems gone.

"Yes. I am truly sorry for everything. Thessaly was the youngest among us and while her command of magic was incredible in some ways her youth and inexperience made her the most vulnerable among us. But she was instrumental in the battle in which she lost her life, using her magic to cause the majority of the enemy army to flee in terror. Then she confronted four dangerous supervillains almost by herself and paid the ultimate price. But she helped many people in her short life, and we will do our best to exemplify the ideals she lived and died for."

DM_Matt

First Post
For once Nitro's aura of bluster seems gone.

"Yes. I am truly sorry for everything. Thessaly was the youngest among us and while her command of magic was incredible in some ways her youth and inexperience made her the most vulnerable among us. But she was instrumental in the battle in which she lost her life, using her magic to cause the majority of the enemy army to flee in terror. Then she confronted four dangerous supervillains almost by herself and paid the ultimate price. But she helped many people in her short life, and we will do our best to exemplify the ideals she lived and died for."

"I see. I understand what she died for, and that she was indeed a hero, but is it responsible to allow someone so young into such a situation? Did she REALLY understand what she was getting into? I wish I knew, but she never wanted to talk much about these matters...she only said her grandmother's charm made her nearly invulnerable, and that we should not worry."

Elric

First Post
"I see. I understand what she died for, and that she was indeed a hero, but is it responsible to allow someone so young into such a situation? Did she REALLY understand what she was getting into? I wish I knew, but she never wanted to talk much about these matters...she only said her grandmother's charm made her nearly invulnerable, and that we should not worry."

"I believe she did understand what she was getting into; she defeated the supervillain Red Death, who used poison gas, even before joining up with us. But unfortunately we will never know.

The charm did make her very resistant to injury, and she had never been seriously injured in a fight with us before. But while the amulet protected her from a mortal wound from the terrorist Killer Bee's stingers, it did not protect her from their deadly poison. Against such a poison, just like Red Death's poison that she had encountered before, she was all too human."

Victim

First Post
Eyes downcast, Megan adds a quiet apology of her own: "I'm sorry."

"I think she did understand what we were dealing; if not right away, then certainly after our first fight together... But she always seemed like she understood." In general, and not just about risks.

Star adds, "Thess was very responsible with her powers; she wasn't addicted or wild with them or anything like that."

kirinke

First Post
Saint smiled. "Star speaks truth. She was in no way addicted to magic. She just.... Stood. She cared enough to stand and used her powers to help those who could not, to protect those who were helpless to protect themselves. She was a hero in every sense of the word," she held out her hands.

"With those who care so much to stand, they will do so with or without support, with or without a group. Age makes little difference in that.... Need to help." her voice sounded sober, though the full mask concealed her expression. "I believe she understood the risks, before I joined the group, another member had died by Barrington's hands, Spirit I believe. She knew the risks. But still decided to fight,"

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Saint smiled. "Star speaks truth. She was in no way addicted to magic. She just.... Stood. She cared enough to stand and used her powers to help those who could not, to protect those who were helpless to protect themselves. She was a hero in every sense of the word," she held out her hands.

"With those who care so much to stand, they will do so with or without support, with or without a group. Age makes little difference in that.... Need to help." her voice sounded sober, though the full mask concealed her expression. "I believe she understood the risks, before I joined the group, another member had died by Barrington's hands, Spirit I believe. She knew the risks. But still decided to fight,"

"Thank you...I...I needed to hear all that directly. I can do this now."

The Archbishop says "We really should start now."

He leads you out to the now-full church, and moves to the pulpit.

Hope (not Optic, Hope is detecting a spiritual presence) sees a woman who looks a lot like Viridian standing in the aisle. She wears Viridian's charm around her neck. Images of ghostly female figures swirl around her. Viridian's charm glows light purple, and purple energy crackles around her. She stays there for about 30 seconds, watching solemnly. Hope feels anger...revenge....the woman disappears.

Hope knows she just detected a spirit -- or probably a cluster of spirits with a leader. This kind of manifestation on such holy ground is extraordinarily rare. They must be enormously powerful to sustain a barrier against the banishing properties inherent in the cathedral.

The Archbishop talks a lot about Thess and her accomplishments, condemning Barrington on behalf of the church in the strongest of terms, and calling on all believers to oppose him in any way possible. He also announces that the Vatican will in the coming weeks begin more specific efforts to oppose Barrington's forces. He then turns things over to Thess' teammates. After you guys, Lady Liberty will speak, then Thess' father, the someone from the team will be allowed to close.

Victim

First Post
(I wanted to see what Elric posted first; Nitro has generally been our go to guy for speeches so far. Funny that people should have virtual stage fright.)

Remove ads