Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread II

kirinke

First Post
Saint turned to Barrington. "She was slain with lethal poison, a cowards weapon, fitting for one who attacks innocents, holds real heroes against their will and uses creatures given to evil like Faust," she retorted, knowing that if bullets did no harm, then her attacks would likely cause more damage to the surroundings then him.

Now was not the time for a rage-filled attack. She fingered her crystallian rose, the one she had intended for Thes.

ooc:
Would it be possible to 'nullify' the hologram with a spell? I'd be willing to use a hero point in order to accomplish it.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Saint turned to Barrington. "She was slain with lethal poison, a cowards weapon, fitting for one who attacks innocents, holds real heroes against their will and uses creatures given to evil like Faust," she retorted, knowing that if bullets did no harm, then her attacks would likely cause more damage to the surroundings then him.

Now was not the time for a rage-filled attack. She fingered her crystallian rose, the one she had intended for Thes.

ooc:
Would it be possible to 'nullify' the hologram with a spell? I'd be willing to use a hero point in order to accomplish it.

(You don't even know how this works. Just because magic is a common descriptor doesn't mean you can nullify ANYTHING with it)

"Lies and propaganda. It was an accidental overdose, and that I truly regret. Accidents happen. Your guards just could easily have killed someone shooting at this image...nifty technology, don't ya think? I foubnd it in Daedalus' alien database. There are so many wonders in there he has locked away form humanity, all because one of his own technologies accidently -- here's that word again -- killed his son 2500 years ago. But I did not come here to argue. I came here to pay my respects."

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic analyzes the hologram, attempting to tap into it the signal, either to trace it or shut it down. "In case anybody hasn't realized yet, you didn't miss. It's a hologram, don't fire anymore!" he is quick to warn the guards, in case they plan on continuing their fire.

Standing, Optic walks towards the hologram, hands clenched at his side as he speaks with what many would later call 'the most uncharacteristic rage every displayed by the ordinarily composed hero'
"AN Accident with nonlethal weaponry? I've studied Killer Bee's venom myself, and belive me there is NOTHING 'nonlethal' about it.. and I don't think intentionally stabbing someone with a poisoned stinger can be called accidental, even in your twisted little fantasy world. Stop disrespecting Vi's memory and desecrating this church with your evil presence. If you're not here to do anything other than spread your damned propoganda, then GET OUT."

DM_Matt

First Post
Optic analyzes the hologram, attempting to tap into it the signal, either to trace it or shut it down. "In case anybody hasn't realized yet, you didn't miss. It's a hologram, don't fire anymore!" he is quick to warn the guards, in case they plan on continuing their fire.

Standing, Optic walks towards the hologram, hands clenched at his side as he speaks with what many would later call 'the most uncharacteristic rage every displayed by the ordinarily composed hero'
"AN Accident with nonlethal weaponry? I've studied Killer Bee's venom myself, and belive me there is NOTHING 'nonlethal' about it.. and I don't think intentionally stabbing someone with a poisoned stinger can be called accidental, even in your twisted little fantasy world. Stop disrespecting Vi's memory and desecrating this church with your evil presence. If you're not here to do anything other than spread your damned propoganda, then GET OUT."

Optic can tell its some sort of projection ray directly from a satellite...its aparently strong enough to get through the roof of the church though, and it seems to be combined with a directed sound device. He can't jam it since he can't really set up a shield or access the transmitter, but he can retune his eye beams to scramble the projection as long as he concentrates on it.

Victim

First Post
Star dodges up as the Barrington image appears. Oh sh-! Oh sh-! We're screwed. ... Oh, the bullets fly right through. It's a hologram. Or he has intangibility now too.

Okay, time to act brave, like I didn't just freak out because of an illusion. I fly up to, umm, look for the holograph projector. And a superhero should say something. Star looks around the ceiling, and looks around, occasionally looking back towards Optic as if expecting him to point out the device. "Too bad it doesn't have a force field, like your other holograph projector," Megan remarks. "That would have greatly reduced the risk of people accidently hitting someone after shooting through the image. Or maybe you could have just placed the image about 10 feet up, so shots going through it pass well above everyone's head."

Accidents, huh? I hate accidents. He did let me live... But I can't see that group who burned up children as having restraint though. "And combining a rapid fire weapon with drugged ammunition seems likely to frequent 'accidental' overdoses."

DM_Matt

First Post
Star dodges up as the Barrington image appears. Oh sh-! Oh sh-! We're screwed. ... Oh, the bullets fly right through. It's a hologram. Or he has intangibility now too.

Okay, time to act brave, like I didn't just freak out because of an illusion. I fly up to, umm, look for the holograph projector. And a superhero should say something. Star looks around the ceiling, and looks around, occasionally looking back towards Optic as if expecting him to point out the device. "Too bad it doesn't have a force field, like your other holograph projector," Megan remarks. "That would have greatly reduced the risk of people accidently hitting someone after shooting through the image. Or maybe you could have just placed the image about 10 feet up, so shots going through it pass well above everyone's head."

Accidents, huh? I hate accidents. He did let me live... But I can't see that group who burned up children as having restraint though. "And combining a rapid fire weapon with drugged ammunition seems likely to frequent 'accidental' overdoses."

Barrington is kind of lucky that Optic manages to jam the hologram before he has to actually answer that.

Elric

First Post
Nitro snorts and his voice drips with sarcasm. "Yeah, an 'accident'. That would explain why Thessaly was killed by a volley of weapons with a razor-sharp tip and poison that hit her in the neck. Killer Bee must have forgotten to use his 'blunt stingers'. As a known terrorist and member of Hamas, I'm sure he uses the nonlethal stingers all the time.

And when you tied our friend Spirit to a chair and burned a hole in her head the night we met you, that was a mistake too. You meant to set your laser on 'soothing balm' but it came out on 'deadly' instead."

kirinke

First Post
"Nothing you do is respectfull. Nothing you say is honorable." she hisses, the air around her turning bitterly cold. In the wind around her, you can hear voices crying out indistinctly, they are crying out for justice, hundreds of them. If not thousands. All of them equally focused on Barrington.

"All you bring is death and destruction, pain and fear." she said and with an almost superhuman effort, she controls herself, the horrific wind dying down.

Just a hologram... Just a hologram. she thinks to herself. Not the reality.

"If what you say is true, than why do you kidnap real heroes, people who have never harmed an innocent, whose very existence is measure by their zeal to protect those who can't protect themselves? Why has your every move been one of violence, one where innocent people's lives have been lost, where the people whom you say you wish to protect and serve are harmed the most?" Saint laughs bitterly.

"Your allies are aggressor nations, terrorists and supervillians. Somehow, I doubt seriously that you wish the best for humanity. You only wish to enslave it. Either with force or pretty baubles, it does not matter. Slavery is still slavery, even if you wear gold-gilt shackles instead of iron." she stood tall.

Remove ads