D&D 5E Survivor 5E - Rules Options and Variants - FEATS WINS!

Undrave

Legend
Meh, they're overrated. They're responsible for nearly every "broken character build" out there on the 'net, too, right alongside Multiclassing (which I would be downvoting if Feats weren't somehow getting a half-dozen upvotes in a row in some coordinated strike every morning.)

Seriously though, I was gonna ask why everyone loved them so much, compared to the other options.

I like them because they add new STUFF for the character to do.

Also, Feats are just Fighter class features that have been opened up to everybody because Fighters can't get anything nice. Feats shouldn't be optional for Fighters.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing

Also, Feats are just Fighter class features that have been opened up to everybody because Fighters can't get anything nice. Feats shouldn't be optional for Fighters.
I don't disagree, which is why I use feats in my game. But they also break my game, and the other options don't.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Feats 9 - 2 = 7
Hitting Cover 13
Massive Damage 2
Mixing Potions 6 + 1 = 7
Morale 15
More Difficult Magic Item Identification 13
Scroll Mishaps 16

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)

I agree that Fighters need more flavor, and dislike that the most interesting feature for Fighters (maneuvers) were locked behind a single subclass. I use the Variant Fighter at my tables to overcome that issue. That one redoes all of the subclasses so that every Fighter gets maneuvers, and the Battlemaster-equivalent (I think it's called the Tactician) gets more. But each subclass has its own special maneuvers they can choose from in addition to a common pool.

Undrave

Legend
I don't disagree, which is why I use feats in my game. But they also break my game, and the other options don't.
Do they truly 'break' your game or just pull Fighter to a level you don't expect for a 'mundane' character?

Though I share your disdain for 5e style Multiclass. I actually prefer the Multiclassing through Feat and subclass choices. Gimme the Wizard counterpart of the Arcane Trickster and the Fighter counterpart of the Sword Bard! And a Sorcerer counterpart of the Wild Magic Barbarian...

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever

Break the game? Wait until a player downs a potion of flying and a potion of fire giant strength and rolls 00 on the Potion Miscibility table... :oops:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Break the game? Wait until a player downs a potion of flying and a potion of fire giant strength and rolls 00 on the Potion Miscibility table... :oops:
Has that ever happened? to anyone?

But I wish I had a nickel for every crit-fishing half-elf with Elven Accuracy and Lucky that I've seen. ;)

Last edited:

Omand

Hero
Feats 8
Hitting Cover 13
Mixing Potions 7 + 1 = 8
Morale 15 - 2 = 13
More Difficult Magic Item Identification 13
Scroll Mishaps 16

Remove ads