D&D 5E Survivor: Core Classes There Can Be Only 1.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Fighters have Action Surge, and a choice of Manuevers, Spells, or Improved Crit chance. No one else makes as many attacks in a turn as the Fighter either.

The Wizard has school features and then a bunch of spells two classes directly steal from (EK and AT), and that one class can steal from (Bard).

They've nothing to make them unique as a spellcaster the way Fighters do as a weapon swinger.

Sooo, what you get as a Fighter subclass and that no one else makes as many attacks "counts." But what you get as a Wizard subclass and that no one else gets as many spells doesn't?

Got it. That's for clearing up your "reasoning." Byee.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Sooo, what you get as a Fighter subclass and that no one else makes as many attacks "counts." But what you get as a Wizard subclass and that no one else gets as many spells doesn't?

Got it. That's for clearing up your "reasoning." Byee.

Every other full spellcaster gets to cast just as many spells, so the Wizard getting more spells is an illusionary benefit. And I specifically said that the Wizard's school features count. 'Thanks for clearing up your ability to read.' To end on an equally insulting note.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Every other full spellcaster gets to cast just as many spells, so the Wizard getting more spells is an illusionary benefit. And I specifically said that the Wizard's school features count. 'Thanks for clearing up your ability to read.' To end on an equally insulting note.

Having a very wide range of spells is not just an illusionary benefit.

Having the exact right niche spell for the right circumstance is the joy of playing a wizard. Going over your spellbook and trying to anticipate what you will need is the fun.

If that is not for you that's fine. You should be able to recognize that is the appeal of wizards though and why people play them.

Olrox17

Hero
Every class is someone's favorite (yes, even the monk), and everyone's preference in the matter is deserving of respect. This thread is merely a popularity contest. Let's keep it light-hearted.

Bards own Wizards, btw. Just my opinion :p

Chaosmancer

Legend
Bard 13
Cleric 7
Druid 15
Fighter 19
Rogue 23
Paladin 15

I had to write out a spell card stack for a cleric once, this is my revenge.

Love the new bard.

Remove ads