• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Survivor Legendary Monsters: EVIL DRAGONS WIN!

LizardWizard00

Explorer
Adult/Ancient Chromatic (Evil) Dragon 12
Lich 0 - finished!

EDIT: Sorry all, I've been lurking around the past few days waiting for a chance to finish it off. Feeling a bit like a jerk now for stealing the thunder from those you put up the good fight from the beginning.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Rather anticlimactic, in the end...

And that's one rich dragon. In the distance, the ears of some Thieves perk up.......

Wiseblood

Adventurer
[h/t @Zardnaar ]
[h/t @OB1 for thread idea ]

This thread is inspired by the prior threads on the core classes, the core races, the core alignments, feats, and the iconic D&D monsters. Also? OB1 suggested it. So, um, all praise goes to me, all blame goes to him.

Quick note- I am currently a refugee from Irma. This means two things- first, I can't find my Monster Manual; so I can only verify the Volo's Guide Edition Monsters (all three of them!). Second, I may not be able to monitor things at all times- it's looking pretty iffy in terms of my living situation right now.

IMPORTANT NOTE- DOWNVOTES ARE ONLY WORTH 2 IN THIS THREAD. BECAUSE REASONS. AND YOU CAN'T GET KNOCK OUT A LEGENDARY BEAST IN ITS LAIR THAT EASILY!

Each monster starts with 20 points and you vote for one monster you like which gets 1 point and a monster you dislike which loses 2 points. It is intentional that a negative vote is worth more than a positive vote- first, we don't want to be here all year. Second, because.

Upvotes are in green, downvotes are in in red (unless you are on your phone, and are unable to). Copy and paste the previous posters vote and change the numbers. You may vote once per day.
This is an honor system, and we are all honorable gamers; please do not abuse it. If this means you vote once at night one day, and once the next morning - that's fine, but don't vote again until the following day. This is also purely a popularity contest and you do not have to explain an upvote or downvote, but feel free to- explanations are where the fun is! When downvotes reach 0 the monster is eliminated (FATALITY!). Finally, if a monster has one or two votes left, then you have to make the choice to use all of your downvotes to eliminate it; there is no vote splitting. Also, to clarify- there are no "see votes." You cannot upvote and downvote the same monster.

Three important points that you must read before voting-
1. This is a pure popularity contest, and is meant to be fun. You can cast your votes for whatever reason you want. Spite, irrational love/hate, setting mechanics, strategic voting, and so on is perfectly acceptable. You can vote based on the monster, or the lair actions- it's all good! This vote does not affect anything in real life, and no monsters will be removed by Wizards of the Coast in the future because of this vote. You can comment for the reasons for your vote, or not- up to you! But this is for enjoyment only.

HA! Who am I kiddin?. OF COURSE THIS LIST WILL BE USED BY MEARLS TO DECIDE TO COMPLETELY NERF LEGENDARY MONSTERS AND THEIR LAIR ACTIONS AND DESTROY HIGH LEVEL PLAY! AND YOU WILL BE TO BLAME!

2. This is a list of approved of legendary monsters with legendary actions as found in Volo's Guide and the Monster Action; I apologize for not being able to verify the Monster Manual entries, but, you know, Irma. To see the source, break out your copy of Volo's, or buy a copy from your FLGS. I used the following source for the Monster Manual-
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/2m22m6/list_of_legendary_creatures_by_cr/
For complaints, please go to /dev/null

That said, the list is the list- please do not alter it.

3. Be kind to each other!

Katana Just kidding! Katana gets all legendary lair actions, forever!

Adult/Ancient Chromatic (Evil) Dragon WINNER WINNER THE PARTY IS DINNER!

UPDATE- FATALITIES! (Legendary Actions no match for PCs!)

Solar #44
Empyrean #76
Androsphinx #99
Storm Giant Quintessent #104
Tarrasque #125
Gynosphinx #135
Ki-Rin #145
Unicorn #184
Demilich #220
Vampire #244
Adult/Ancient Metallic (Good) Dragon #250
Aboleth #280
Mummy Lord #313
Elder Brain #368
Kraken #390
Death Tyrant #394
Dracolich #433
Beholder #478
Lich #493
How about survival of the best capstone ability?

OB1

Jedi Master
A worthy if somewhat boring final outcome.

Long live the Unicorn, the Kraken, the Elder Brain and the Beholder!

Remove ads