• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Survivor Magic Rings- Feather Falling FLOATS TO VICTORY!

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
A Ring (or Boots) of Feather Falling is one of the most useful magic items you can find in Dungeons & Dragons Online in the early levels. So it can definitely be cool and useful in the right setting.

OB1

Jedi Master
Well, that was a shock! A feather for Thanksgiving, I guess? ;)

I'm off to football and food- I will try and post something tomorrow, and if y'all have something specific you want, let me know in the comments and I will check before posting.

Happy Turkey Day (if you're in the United States), and if not, Good Gaming!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the Survivor players!

How about Wands or Rods/Staves for the next one?

G

Guest 6801328

What I want now is a short adventure (or adventure outline) that incorporates the winners of all the "Survivor" threads.

I think [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION] should start a new thread for that.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
A Ring (or Boots) of Feather Falling is one of the most useful magic items you can find in Dungeons & Dragons Online in the early levels. So it can definitely be cool and useful in the right setting.

For when you decide to jump off of a building? There aren't that many pits, and you find most of them without falling in. You're much more likely to want to jump over something, or swim across a river or in an ocean.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
For when you decide to jump off of a building?
Or get pushed / knockbacked. Happened to an ally in my last 4e adventure module; 200 foot drop.

OTOH, when I took over as DM to finish HotDQ, I had one Red Wizard grab his Scroll of Feather Fall and jump out the window of the flying castle rather than face the PCs' barging into his room weapons-first ...

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Or get pushed / knockbacked. Happened to an ally in my last 4e adventure module; 200 foot drop.

OTOH, when I took over as DM to finish HotDQ, I had one Red Wizard grab his Scroll of Feather Fall and jump out the window of the flying castle rather than face the PCs' barging into his room weapons-first ...

Oh, for sure it's useful in rare corner cases. It's just not a useful ring in general like the vast majority of the res that were eliminated.

Remove ads