D&D General Survivor Thread: Best D&D Movie

dave2008

Legend
If you get the chance you should really watch it. I have not seen it in years, and I am sure the special effects no longer hold up, but it has a great story, non-standard takes on some D&D creatures (cyclopes for example), and of course, the Glaive (which is not a pole arm). :)
I remember when that movie came out. We very quickly made our own "glaives" and started throwing them at each other!

I re-watched it a few years back, before the pandemic, and I still enjoyed it.

dave2008

Legend
Conan the Barbarian 30 + 1 = 31
Conan the Destroyer 29
LotR 31
Clash of the Titans (1981) 18 - 2 = 16
Willow 36
Krull 26
Princess Bride 31

Omand

Hero
I remember when that movie came out. We very quickly made our own "glaives" and started throwing them at each other!

I re-watched it a few years back, before the pandemic, and I still enjoyed it.
Pretty sure my brother and I also made our own "glaives" but ninja movies were also big at the same time, so throwing star type items were big from a variety of influences. :)

Omand

Hero
Conan the Barbarian 31
Conan the Destroyer 29
LotR 31 + 1 = 32
Clash of the Titans (1981) 16
Willow 36 - 2 = 34
Krull 26
Princess Bride 31

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Conan the Barbarian 31-2=29
Conan the Destroyer 29
LotR 32
Clash of the Titans (1981) 16+1=17
Willow 34
Krull 26
Princess Bride 31

Weird Dave

Adventurer
Publisher
Conan the Barbarian 29
Conan the Destroyer 29
LotR 32
Clash of the Titans (1981) 17-2= 15
Willow 34
Krull 26+1= 27
Princess Bride 31

Yay Krull holds strong still! It's going to be tough that's for sure when it gets down to the final six. Barbarian gets it over Destroyer for me every day and of the week and twice on Sundays, and I've never had a strong affinity towards Princess Bride (it's good but I didn't watch it during my formative years like the other movies - well, maybe not LotR but that was just so mind-blowing to see portrayed so well on the silver screen!).

OB1

Jedi Master
Conan the Barbarian 29
Conan the Destroyer 29
LotR 32
Clash of the Titans (1981) 15
Willow 34-2=32 Of the remaining films, this is the only one I've never been able to make it thru.
Krull 27+1=28
Princess Bride 31

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Of these final seven, I'm only 100% sure I've seen three of them in full :-/ And I am 100% sure that is my spotty history of seeing movies and something I should fix.

Last edited:

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
Conan the Barbarian 29
Conan the Destroyer 29
LotR 32
Clash of the Titans (1981) 15 - 2 = 13
Willow 32 + 1 = 33
Krull 28
Princess Bride 31

Clash is really a one-man show, not a party effort. And who could forget this (BTW Willow is carrying his arcane focus...if that doesn't scream 5E D&D...)
1664544434065.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases