D&D 5E Swallowing may cause blindness

Syntallah

First Post
I agree wholeheartedly; been using it for years. My post was directed at those individuals who seem to be disappointed with 5E and its lack of 'clear-and-concise-rulings-for-all-occasions"

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And-besides teeth- some critters use their tongues, esophagus and other pre-stomach organs to crush and/or grind their food, which, to me, implies extremely tight confines. Thus, poor visibility.

Speaking with my veterinarian-wife, a fairly good source on animal anatomy, and probably the only one here who has ever had to surgically remove anything from a stomach...

Being swallowed whole is not like the typical image of Jonah and the Whale, where there's some great cavernous, air filled space. It is more like being stuffed into a Crown Royal bag, and having the drawstring pulled tight. The walls of the stomach and intestines are soft, and tend to enfold what is within. So, freedom of movement means you can move. And having a light source means that there's a flashlight on - but there's still stomach wall *in your face*.

In effect, it is like having a wet, floppy, acidic, mucus-coated bag over your head. Having a light source in the bag with you doesn't really help. Being able to move around within the bag also doesn't help. It isn't a place where you can really say, "Aha! I have a superior position to you!"

GameOgre

Adventurer
I don't get eaten by a kraken every day, but when I do, I wear Two-Titans Darkvision goggles. The only goggles guaranteed to let you see exactly what part of the stomach you end up inhabiting.

Now in both Sexy Drow Purple and Ingenious Gnome Blue while supplies last.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases