• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Swashbuckler and Ship Mage (new archetypes)

Quickleaf

Legend
I think it would be cool to remain a swashbuckler and change class. Inverted... Again, no precedent. Do you think my rule is OP ?

No, it's probably not too OP. And it would be an interesting experiment to keep the same archetype across multiple classes... When it comes to multi classing design, however, I have a real weak spot...I just can't get interested enough to put ideas to pen (er, or typing). Most game design I look forward to working on, but multi classing leaves me cold...it just feels like soulless mechanics to me. I just can't find the creative spark there. I dunno. It's my weak spot.

If you feel like tackling it, however, be my guest.

peterka99

First Post
The fun with it is that it is not really multiclassing, it is a swashbuckler that want to be more a fighter one year, or a rogue next one, etc. Like Queenie's Katarina if I understand her posts!

My feel is that such a character Class is Swashbuckler, and Dilletante or Jack-of-all-Trades is the archetype. The character travels a lot and always get a new job. Conan in litterature is a good example: Barbarian, reaver, pirate, brigand, burglar, mercenary, tomb raider, army officer, slave, then king!

I did start a thread with Swashbuckler meta-archetype in a musketeer perspective. Take a look! How can you get the "spoiler" button ?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads