D&D 5E Sweet! My BBEG's are immortal now!

Halivar

First Post
Check out the 8th-level Clone spell. Consider that the clone can be any age. This gets me wondering, what wizard of 17th-level or higher is not going to live forever? Or even stay perpetually young? Every ten years, check yourself out and into a young, virile body. And then there is the game-world implications of impossibly old wizards in the bodies of young men/women.

Or am I reading this spell wrong? I don't have a problem with it, I just thought it was neat.

Every ten years, check yourself out and into a young, virile body. And then there is the game-world implications of impossibly old wizards in the bodies of young men/women.

Or am I reading this spell wrong? I don't have a problem with it, I just thought it was neat.
Old men (or women!) in young bodies? Sounds like creepy evil wizard business to me!

KarinsDad

Adventurer
This is perfect for my reoccurring Wizard BBEGs.

I also like the fact that only Wizards get it. Those pesky Sorcerer and Warlock Wizard-wannabes are now toast. :cool:

The 120 days also means that the reoccurring villain doesn't reoccur for a few months after the PCs kick his butt each time.

Crothian

First Post
Does the spell move your conscous into the new body? If it doesn't then your character is still dying and then you just have an NPC copy of him.

Lawngnome4hire

First Post
That's pretty much exactly why Manshoon is still around.

They had this spell in 2nd ed. Forgotten Realms somewhere, I forget which book it was in. But yeah as quoted this is why Manshoon is still around despite Elminster killing him and tracking down his clones on numerous occasions. There was always a clone squirreled away somewhere that was over looked.

Remove ads