• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Swift Hunter-like feats and Gestalt

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Hypersmurf said:
I think it's not unreasonable to extend that to forbid "hybrid" feats as well.
This would also be quite reasonable (though I'd be more inclined to listen if a player asked for a hybrid feat than if he asked for a hybrid class).

Cheers, -- N

Drowbane

First Post
For what its worth... IME; Hybrid PrCs aren't exactly "OMFG Borken!". They make for some rather cool builds though.

Player X: "I'm making a Cleric / Wizard / Mystic Theurge | Warlock!"
Me: Groovy.

But I'm rather insane like that (it justifies me to make NPCs who are just as ridiculously overpowered... and at higher level. :D)

Dice4Hire

First Post
I would be sure not to allow the multi-class feats, as I would not allow prestige classes that double up class abilities. And for th same reason.

Shin Okada

Explorer
I would simply disallow Gestalt rule when a PC can access to reasonable multi-role prestige class or multi-role feats (and practiced spellcaster feat).

Gestalt is an optional rule which meant to allow a multi-role PC from lower level, which was made long before those feats which help multicalss builds in later supplements were invented.

Dice4Hire

First Post
The power of double prestige calsses and multi-classsing feats is nothing compared to gestalt. \The point I was making is that adding them together is too much, and would effectively allow a geatlat to take 3 or even 4 classes at once. That is overpowered.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads