• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sword and Sorcery Saga v. 1.02 and NEW Adventure Conversion!

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Nice work!

One question: In the Master Tactician Talent Tree (Warrior class) you have "Distraction: SWSE p. 52.". I can't find that talent there. Could you be thinking of "Draw Fire"?

The_Gneech

Explorer
Oldtimer said:
Nice work!

One question: In the Master Tactician Talent Tree (Warrior class) you have "Distraction: SWSE p. 52.". I can't find that talent there. Could you be thinking of "Draw Fire"?

Very probably. I'll look at my notes tonight and make sure. There were several re-named talents, and I forgot to identify them as such in the current iteration -- I'll fix that for the next version.

-The Gneech :cool:

The_Gneech

Explorer
Oldtimer said:
Nice work!

Yes, that is a renamed "Draw Fire". Here is a list of all the conversions:

ROGUE
Able-Bodied Seaman: As Hyperdriven, p. 47.
Old Sea-Dog: As Stellar Warrior, p. 47.
Sea Legs: As Spacehound, p. 47.

SCHOLAR
Wilt the Spirit: As Adept Negotiator, p. 39.
Arcane Persuasion: As Force Persuasion, p. 40.
Crush the Spirit: As Master Negotiator, p. 40.

SCOUT
Luck of the Wild: As Fringe Savant, p. 50.

WARRIOR
Distraction: As Draw Fire, p. 52.

This information will be updated in the next iteration.

Armistice

First Post
Downloaded it. Read it. Like it. Great work Gneech and I'm looking forward to seeing any new iterations of these rules. As they are, it's playable and I'll be giving it a testdrive soonest.

Wraith Form

Explorer
Wraith Form said:
So next I hope we'll see Saga + Mutants & Masterminds = kick-arse supers game!
I gave this a tiny nudge since I was actually serious, but I'm (admittedly) not 133t enough to create the game/rules myself. ;)

The_Gneech

Explorer
Wraith Form said:
I gave this a tiny nudge since I was actually serious, but I'm (admittedly) not 133t enough to create the game/rules myself. ;)

It will have to come from someone else, I'm afraid. :) I ran a very intense Champions campaign for 5 years, and by the time it was over I was pretty much done with supers.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Armistice said:
Downloaded it. Read it. Like it. Great work Gneech and I'm looking forward to seeing any new iterations of these rules. As they are, it's playable and I'll be giving it a testdrive soonest.

Thanks! :) Let me know how it turns out!

Klaus

First Post
The_Gneech said:
Thanks! :) Let me know how it turns out!

I shared this with one of my friends, who loves his SAGA, and he adored it to no end. He wants to know about more books from this Gneech dude.

:)

FickleGM

Explorer
I started a 1-on-1 S&S Saga with my wife this morning. She's playing a barbarian scout (a bounty hunter) and alongside an NPC warrior, had two battles where they fought off giant geckos and another adventuring party (a lower level group that was convinced by the PC's quarry that the PC was the bad guy). If they weren't on a river barge, the fight may not have went so well, but after knocking one of the adventurers into the water, the battle quickly went her way (the dude started drowning and the adventurers split their forces to save their friend). The only roleplaying opportunities came with convincing the NPC Warrior (who had the barge) to work with my wife's character and a failed attempt to convince the other adventuring party that she wasn't the evil-doer.

We stopped playing, due to football kickoff (I had to watch my Packers beat the Eagles), but it was a fun couple hours. Her character has the spell, Remote Viewing, which helps her locate her bounties (not to mention her tracking abilities).

Anyway, I'm now looking forward to the second session of two games...

So far, it's been fun, but the spells may have to be looked at more closely as we go on.

Remove ads