• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide: The First Official D&D 5E Setting

Yes, it is new, I was just creating a thread for it myself.

Irennan

Explorer
Yes, Ed being confident is encouraging, but it feels really off to not have him involved with the inaugural 5e FR book, which is also supposed to work as a sort of CS.

Valus

First Post
It is weird to read that. When has Ed publicly criticized WotC?

When the Spellplague happened and the 4th ed timeline was jumped forward 100+ years, Ed and Bob Salvatore were both critical. Neither of them were super public about it, but if you went to Gen Con seminars, etc. they were pretty clear. Especially Bob.

I don't have time to find them right now, but if you do some Google searching, you should be able to find interviews where they recount their reactions to the news. They immediately believed it to be a horrible decision, and started planning how to fix it when WotC came to its senses.

Mirtek

Hero
When the Spellplague happened and the 4th ed timeline was jumped forward 100+ years, Ed and Bob Salvatore were both critical. Neither of them were super public about it, but if you went to Gen Con seminars, etc. they were pretty clear. Especially Bob.

I don't have time to find them right now, but if you do some Google searching, you should be able to find interviews where they recount their reactions to the news. They immediately believed it to be a horrible decision, and started planning how to fix it when WotC came to its senses.
These are all interviews after 4e was done, the error admited and the Sundering was green-lit to fix it. While 4e was the current thing they swallowed their dislike and went along, never saying anything bad about it. It's just like one of the Dragonlance creators was hyping the horrible Dragonlance animated movie in Dragon Mag just shortly before it's release.

WotC signs their checks, and thus they sind the song WotC hands the the notes for

darjr

I crit!
Uh no. I think in public Bob wasn't pleased. I'll see if I can dig it up but it was clear to me then he wasn't happy.

Remove ads

Remove ads