Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Scotley

Hero
Thorn sets out to scout the chapel, but 30' up the narrow switchback stares she is startled by small reptilian creature attempting hide and a niche. The sudden appearance of the unexpected creature very nearly causes her to fall from the stairs. Only the steadying hand offered by the creature saves her from a painful tumble.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn wastes no time using the momentary reprieve offered by this 'reptilian creature' to haul herself up onto the stair's top and away from the edge. Once there she doesn't immediately ready her chain, but she does eye the creature warily.

"Thanks for the lift. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

In another place, another time, the question would have been impolite, given the circumstances. But this was the Worldwound; the domain of demons. Any stranger was cause for suspicion and alarm.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The creature stands up slowly, holding hands up in the sign of peace or surrender. Except his thumb is held in the closed fist, all fingers curled around it and their ends hidden in the palm.
"Apologiess, Lady, didn't wanteth to startle thee. Me iss Viridian, not demon. I request parley."

The creature barely comes above Thorns knees. It seems almost naked, green scales shining even in the twilight of the Wound, with strange humped cloak on it's back. The cloak is green and brown, good for hiding in the forests. On second look, it isn't the cloak that is humped, it is the cloak split in the middle and it's upper parts spread and fitted on leading edge of the wings the creature holds folded behind. And the scales aren't natural. It is the armor. Green, semi-transparent, but definitely artificial.

Mouth full of teeth that show as it speaks articulate carefully what must be strange language made for different mouth shape. And the manner of speech...it is something that may have been spoken before the Crusades. But mostly understandable.

OOC: see the image on RG for better idea of what it looks like (except it is more upright right now)

Hello, everyone! :)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn lifted an eyebrow, then glanced down the stairs at the others, waiting down there.

Gods damn it. I'm going to have to climb all the way back up here again now.

Still, maybe this...person?...would have intel on the area. It was a risk worth taking.

"Come on," she said. "You go first. Down that way." Thorn pointed down the way she'd come.

Neurotic

"Why thee not calleth those folk up? thee scouted, thee has't not to wend backeth and f'rth." offers the wyrmling

Last edited:

Neurotic

"With thy leaveth, i shall base'r mine own hands. Doth not beest alarm'd."

[sblock=english ]
With your leave, I will lower my hands. Do not be alarmed.
[/sblock]

The creature slowly lowers and opens its hands. And the reason for closed fists become visible as sharp black claws unfold from the palms shelter.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Down below, 'Keva sets himself to wait with the patience of one who's long since accepted that fate will bring what it will. He leans against the nearest wall, Raivo propped at his side and one hand clasping the handle loosely. With his eyes closed and his breathing slow and steady it's dificult to tell whether the stolid Dwarf is asleep or awake.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
--
[/sblock]

Ki Pool: 11/11
Mythic Surge: 05/05

AC: 19, Touch: 19, Flat-footed: 17, CMD: 25 (29 vs Bull Rush/Trip)
Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +11 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/SLAs)
Defensive Abilities: Defensive Training (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC vs Giants), Hard to Kill

BAB: +4, CMB: +6 (+8 vs Demons)
  • Raivo (+1 Adaptive Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow):-----+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki Extra Attack): +12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    --------------------------------------------(Deadly Aim):-----+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki + Deadly Aim): +10/+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
  • ------------------------------------------Unarmed Strike:------------ +6 (1d8+ 2 (20/×2))
  • --------------------------------------------------Dagger:------------ +6 (1d4+ 2 (19/×2))

Weapon in Hand: Raivo

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 22, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn glanced down at the creature's hands, then back at...his? her? whatever...face.

"Because I don't trust you, and if you want to parlay you can do it in a place we've secured. Is that going to be a problem?"

Neurotic

"With all due respect, milady, i shall not wend into the legion of paladins who is't already did refuse coop'ration in recent past. I cameth to checketh if 't be true th're is something useful up h're. I am high-lone and in dang'rous area. Thee wend and pray narrate the situation. And i shall cometh some distance hence and we can conv'rse."

Creature looks at Thorn with curiosity, inclining his head first in one then the other way. It checks on the army and returns attention to her.

Ooc: not trying to be difficult, but paladins aren't known for tolerance even if the invasion taught them some humility :)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Thorn and Claugendeem were able to get a brief look at the ruins of the fairly intact, but obvisously fallen chapel.

The gates to the small courtyard just beyond the top of the stairs lie smashed and broken with tall grass growing amid the rubble. Two main buildings stand side by side to the east, separated by a single alleyway. The smaller structure appears to be a stable, while the other is much larger with several doors and stained - glass windows, apparently a chapel judging by the pious statues along its rooftop.

Remove ads