log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Scotley

Adventurer
Thorn pauses when she hears the voices and marks the difference sounds. Not enough though...they're talking in low tones, and the echoes around the stones make it hard to make out. There could be more who are silent.

Slowly she edges around the tower more, seeking an old window, or hole, that she can look through to get a better idea of who and what is in this place.

(I'll assume stealth and perception...if you need anything else, let me know.)
[roll0] Stealth
[roll1] Perception
Thorn manages to slip around and check all parts of the tower. There are no openings she can reach from the ground. There is a small window built into the stout door, but it is closed. Listening carefully, she determines that there are at least three voices engaged in conversation, two feminine and one male. She catches snatches here and there when voices are raised in excitement:

"Now that's where I found the coins..."
"Coins are all well and good, but I ripped the Phylactery right off the old priests arm, you should have seen the look on his face."
"You couldn't steal candy from a baby..."
"Ran the old fart threw I did"
"Holy symbols did them a fat lot of good"
"...Platinum as well as silver..."
"Faxon was right pleased with the matching scimitars..."
"Leave off, I found..."
"Those silver goblets would be a lot better if you'd found a drop of wine to go in them...tired of water and sour ale..."
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad


Queenie

Queen of Everything
Meliara plops down on the burnt grass near her companions, crossing her long legs into a pretzel shape, seemingly unperturbed that cultists could be nearby. With a smile she reaches into her pocket and pulls out a small piece of jerky. Quickly after that a tiny pink dragon-like creature comes slithering out of her other pocket, circling around her arm until it reaches her hand. It immediately begins gnawing on the jerky as she pets it lovingly. She pulls her long, wavy, dark red hair to the side, so she can crouch over and lean in close to the creature. Her hair spills over her shoulder and brushes the ground as she smiles and laughs to it, though no one else can hear what she is saying.

She certainly didn’t look like a woman who had been through hell with a ragtag group of adventurers, more like a daydreaming young girl who had not long ago been wondering what would become of her life. Some of her natural happiness and cheer, her uplifting and hopeful view of the world, had been lost along with her innocence during their epic battles in Kenabres. Still most of her light and merriment remained, even in these dark times. Her friends seemed to enjoy her inspiring singing each night, healing some small wounds in their souls before they would journey on to the next evil each day. Her spirit was indomitable, that angelic blood that flowed in her veins, that kept her pure and joyous. Despite having faced evil, and knowing she would face more, no creature or power from the Abyss could dim her light.

Her companions had also seen the other side of her in those battles, the fire that burned and longed to escape from her and the ruthlessness that she effortlessly employed when dealing with the evil cultists and demons of the world. Many evil cultists were taken to their doom by her effortless lies before they were consumed by her fire or her friend’s weapons or brother’s spells.

Like the others she had been touched by that otherworldly power after the artifact was found. And though she felt the power as strongly as the others, she did not show it, or wasn’t surprised by it. Perhaps it was because she herself wasn’t from here. Well, she was from Kenabres, but heavenly blood flowed in her veins, quite a bit it seemed. So the surge of power was almost comforting to her, like coming home. Meliara did have fun trying out her new abilities though. She had been found giggling as she practiced conjuring some new mighty conflagration.

The young girl raises her eyes to the group as she sits up straight. Those eyes could be disquieting to some; they seemed like pools of molten gold, metallic and alive at the same time. “How long should we let Thorn be out of our sight before we go looking for her?”
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

A slight upturn at the corners of his wide mouth betrays 'Keva's fondness for the sorceress' cheerful nature and enthusiasm. "We'll give her a few minutes," he replies. "Thorn's a capable lass, and a good scout takes time. There's naught around to threaten us at the moment, so unless she runs into something on the other side o' th' tower she should be coming back around soon."

He shifts the roaming of his hands from bowstave to arrows, pulling one after another from the quiver at his hip and without taking his eyes from the surrounding terrain running practiced fingers along each shaft as he checks for warps or other flaws that might betray him or his charges - his friends - in their need.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=MiniStats]
[SIZE=+1]Vakeva Kiihko[/SIZE]
HP: 61/61, Speed: 40' Perception: +15 (Darkvision 60')

Ki Pool: 11/11

AC: 19, Touch: 19, Flat-footed: 17, CMD: 25 (29 vs Bull Rush/Trip)
Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +11 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/SLAs)
Defensive Abilities: Defensive Training (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC vs Giants), Hard to Kill

BAB: +4, CMB: +6 (+8 vs Demons)
  • Raivo (+1 Adaptive Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow):-----+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki Extra Attack): +12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    --------------------------------------------(Deadly Aim):-----+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki + Deadly Aim): +10/+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
  • ------------------------------------------Unarmed Strike:------------ +6 (1d8+ 2 (20/×2))
  • --------------------------------------------------Dagger:------------ +6 (1d4+ 2 (19/×2))

Weapon in Hand: Raivo

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 22, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Maybe she will guide our enemies to us and we can dispatch them outside the tower. If she comes back running I'll bet they will be in chase soon after."
 

Shayuri

First Post
For a moment or two, Thorn considers trying to climb up, but decides against it. The tower was too damaged...easy to get holds, but the stones would be treacherous. Oh, she'd get up, but doing so quietly would be pretty hard. As it was, surprise would be more valuable than a better headcount.

She heads back to rejoin the others and let them know what she saw.

(OOC - Derpa, almost forgot the stealth check. Hehe. *after some futile attempts* I get it. You can't retroactively edit rolls into posts. Gotta make a new one.)
 
Last edited:




mleibrock

First Post
Thorn manages to return to the group without provoking their attention and Sir Sheldon is the first to note her approach. (it's almost as if he has been waiting with bated breath)
 

Shayuri

First Post
"Three men talking," Thorn notes once she returns. "Comparing notes on spoils. On the second story of the tower. If there were more, they were keeping quiet. Didn't see anyone on watch either."

She shakes her head. "We should take them anyway, but...nothing they were saying made me think they were Templars. They sounded like looters who picked the wrong place to hide out for the night. Anyway, it'll be tough to ambush them up there but it doesn't really matter because they've got nowhere to run to."

(OOC - Switching colors so as not to be confused with Mowgli's :))
 

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lia continues to scratch her dragon on the head, as it leans into the scratch with what looks like a smile on it's tiny face. "Well then, why doesn't one of us knock, and use the password. Then we don't need them to tell us if they are cultists or not, they will confirm it with their actions, or inactions. I can do it unless someone else wants to."

OOC: apologies but I can't post colors from Tapatalk on my iPad. I will go back and fix the speech color once I am near my computer.
 
Last edited:

Kaodi

Adventurer
Near the back of the group resting of a large hunk of rubble Jack Randlay finishes up with oiling and cleaning the mechanisms on his custom-built crossbow.

While everyone knows him to be a man of merely average height, clad in his outlandish and bulky looking full plate, dark bluish-grey in colour, he manages to outsize Isolde, though not Denir. With his visor up, brown eyes can be seen intent on the maintenance at hand. Not much can be seen of his hair, but a neatly trimmed beard of dirty blonde that frames his rugged features gives away its colour.

With surprising dexterity one gauntleted hand picks up his small flask of cleaning oil and slips it into smoothly a pouch on his belt next to his dagger, and then stuffs the cloth he hand been using in there as well. Holding onto his crossbow with one hand he slowly and deliberately pushes himself up to his feet with the other. After a small heft to reposition the sturdy backpack and fancy quiver he also carries, he reaches down to where he had left his crossbow clip and picks it up, deftly snapping it into place.

Jack looks slowly looks between his companions once, and the to the tower. "Hell, it's about time," he says in his characteristic drawl as he reaches up to lower the golden visor over his face.
 


Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lia tries to coax the dragon back into her pocket. It doesn't seem to want to go in until she puts the rest of the piece of jerky into her pocket, which the creature soon follows. She stands and stretches, puts her pack on her back and waits for the others.

"Do we need these for questioning?"
 
Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"If they're cultists," Thorn opined. "If they're looters they'll just be decorating gibbets if we take them alive."
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"As soon as they open the door, It might be good to sidestep and let us meat shields advance. What say you, Lia?"
 

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Of course," the young girl says with a grin, "That is usually the plan, isn't it?"

She waits for everyone to be ready, each finding spots on either side of the door. She nods at her companions then raps hard on the door.
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
for future attack

Sirsheldon stands 5 feet away from the side that opens [?] does the door open in or out[/?]

[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

[INDENT=]Vakeva nods as Jack stands - acknowledgement of one Archer to another. He stands a bit back from the door, arrow knocked to bow and prepared to fire, as the others stack up and prepare to enter. [/INDENT]
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=MiniStats]
[SIZE=+1]Vakeva Kiihko[/SIZE]
HP: 61/61, Speed: 40' Perception: +15 (Darkvision 60')

Ki Pool: 11/11

AC: 19, Touch: 19, Flat-footed: 17, CMD: 25 (29 vs Bull Rush/Trip)
Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +11 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/SLAs)
Defensive Abilities: Defensive Training (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC vs Giants), Hard to Kill

BAB: +4, CMB: +6 (+8 vs Demons)
  • Raivo (+1 Adaptive Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow):-----+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki Extra Attack): +12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    --------------------------------------------(Deadly Aim):-----+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki + Deadly Aim): +10/+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
  • ------------------------------------------Unarmed Strike:------------ +6 (1d8+ 2 (20/×2))
  • --------------------------------------------------Dagger:------------ +6 (1d4+ 2 (19/×2))

Weapon in Hand: Raivo

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 22, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top