PF Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Lou

Explorer
Fatoon Oracle 6/Hierophant 1 AC 18 HP 48/48

Fatoon has been dragging so much from being fatigued from his ride. The appearance of the demon so shocked him that he forgot to cast his prepared spell. Finally realizing that there are undead present, he says, "Foul undead! Feel the cleansing light of the Spirit!" [for 13 damage, DC 20]

[sblock=OOC]
initiative = 1 for role play purposes
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=205469
perception = 15; Know (rel) = 20
channel positive energy 1/8/day (DC 20, 5d6) for 13 in 30 ft radius
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=205470

[/sblock]
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
OOC: Good power. Too bad about RL - this would be handy at the start of the fight. If Thorn attacked the demon he wouldn't manage to move at all :)
[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], maybe you should double up on all bad guys, you know, demon twins one from hell one from earth :p

I guess it comes with mythic stuff and non-mythic foes aren't much of a threat. Plus, zen-archer :cool:
 

Scotley

Adventurer
OOC: Good power. Too bad about RL - this would be handy at the start of the fight. If Thorn attacked the demon he wouldn't manage to move at all :)
[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], maybe you should double up on all bad guys, you know, demon twins one from hell one from earth :p

I guess it comes with mythic stuff and non-mythic foes aren't much of a threat. Plus, zen-archer :cool:

GM:
Don't get cocky. The adventure is supposedly balanced for mythic play. However, perhaps not your Zen Artillery. :erm: This fight was, I expect, only intended to be moderately challenging. If you continue to mow down foes with such alacrity I will of course crank up the bad guys. If you still feel you haven't been challenged after the next encounter with a big bad let me know. Will try to get a post up today or this evening.
 

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Good power. Too bad about RL - this would be handy at the start of the fight. If Thorn attacked the demon he wouldn't manage to move at all :)
[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], maybe you should double up on all bad guys, you know, demon twins one from hell one from earth :p

I guess it comes with mythic stuff and non-mythic foes aren't much of a threat. Plus, zen-archer :cool:

GM:
Don't get cocky. The adventure is supposedly balanced for mythic play. However, perhaps not your Zen Artillery. :erm: This fight was, I expect, only intended to be moderately challenging. If you continue to mow down foes with such alacrity I will of course crank up the bad guys. If you still feel you haven't been challenged after the next encounter with a big bad let me know. Will try to get a post up today or this evening.

OOC: Metavoid, I recommend that you and the rest of the party watch out for the rest of this adventure. Man, you just poked the bear good.
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Paizo balances things with 15pt buy assumption and their advice is to put Advanced template on boss monsters and add couple or more mooks if the party is built with 25pts or more. And yes, MetaVoid, what were you thinking!? :cool:
 

Scotley

Adventurer
You make quick work of the ghouls with lash, spear and divine power and Vir once more shows his valor in attacking the powerful foe. His small but powerful attacks are just enough to bring down the demonoid. It remains dark, but you believe there are no more foes within this chamber.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Tearing at the demonic flesh always held particular pleasure to the little warrior, acrid stench and resistant, chewy quality made tearing and eating feel real and it required strength. Viridian harried poor demon-thing even as it fell down finally ending with a chunk of flesh from its side.

He returns to the group, still chewing. He is covered in blood, but as he notices it he concentrates and the blood and gore sloughs off him.
"I got scratched by a ghoul in that initial rush. If you can spare the power."

OOC: Use Prestidigitation to get clean
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
Adrian ends the hymn and approaches the kobold checking the scratch.
"You might get that checked later by a priest, ghouls are known to carry filth disease. But I'm no healer. Let's finish this before we relax. Did you check if the creature regenerates? Some demons do."

[roll0] <-- enough for general knowledge
[roll1] <-- not enough to recognize if the wound is infected
 

Lou

Explorer
Tearing at the demonic flesh always held particular pleasure to the little warrior, acrid stench and resistant, chewy quality made tearing and eating feel real and it required strength. Viridian harried poor demon-thing even as it fell down finally ending with a chunk of flesh from its side.

He returns to the group, still chewing. He is covered in blood, but as he notices it he concentrates and the blood and gore sloughs off him.
"I got scratched by a ghoul in that initial rush. If you can spare the power."

OOC: Use Prestidigitation to get clean
Fatoon says, "Be cured of your ills in the name of the Spirit" as he lays hands on Viridian. [CLW for 10] "Are you still in need?"

[Sblock=OOC]
Cure Light Wounds (Enchanced Cures) 1d8+7 for 10
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=206166
[/sblock]
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Fatoon can see two wounds closing completely, one leaving faint crack on the scales covering diminutive warrior. Thrid one still oozes blood slightly.
"I liveth. Thank thou cater-cousin Fatoon. I shouldn't hast runneth in like yond. But the demon couldst doth moo spellcasting or he couldst flee aroint if 't be true not engaged immediately."

OOC: [MENTION=51567]Lou[/MENTION], got total of 14 damage in three separate instances...but 4 damage is not something Vir would admit to :)


"I concur we shouldst continueth 'ere there's few or none will entertain it forces they still hast can organize."

[sblock=English]
I'll live. Thank you friend Fatoon. I shouldn't have run in like that...but the demon could do more spellcasting or he could get away if not engaged immediately.
I agree we should continue before whatever forces they still have can organize.
[/sblock]
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
Adrian checks dead body of the demon, makes sure he doesn't regenerate and takes whatever items he has for further analysis. Or destruction.
 

Scotley

Adventurer
Adrian checks dead body of the demon, makes sure he doesn't regenerate and takes whatever items he has for further analysis. Or destruction.
No obvious signs of healing or regeneration are noted. Adrian finds the fallen demon man to be well equipped as he wears a breastplate, holy symbol of Kabriri and has a steal shield on his arm. The battle aspergillum he wielded lays at his side. In a pouch even move interesting things are found. A wand, almost certainly magical, three vials that all appear to contain the same clear liquid, a packet of powdered silver worth 250 gp and a key are all within. His gear is all high quality with much of it being masterwork if not magical.

The ghouls do not appear to have anything of value and searing their putrid remains will be a most unpleasant experience. Looking around the room you see a table and chairs though there is nothing of interest on the table. Next to the two beds pushed together that were likely the resting place of the demon man is a strongbox.
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]



After the final foe falls, 'Keva makes his rounds of the battlefield to collect his precious arrows. When he overhears Vir's remarks about running in headlong, the old Dwarf grunts. "Hmph. Ye may be right about barreling in like ye did... but then again, that may 'ave been th' exact thing needed. Yer surely right that if it weren't fer you, th' demon would've escaped t' lick his wounds 'n fight again." There's a faint note of approval in his voice, though his expression looks a little strained as he realizes it.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
--
[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=MiniStats]
[SIZE=+1]Vakeva Kiihko[/SIZE]
HP: 66/66, Speed: 40' Perception: +15 (Darkvision 60')

Ki Pool: 11/11
Mythic Surge: 05/05

AC: 19, Touch: 19, Flat-footed: 17, CMD: 25 (29 vs Bull Rush/Trip)
Fort: +9, Ref: +8, Will: +11 (+2 vs. Poison/Spells/SLAs)
Defensive Abilities: Defensive Training (+4 Dodge Bonus to AC vs Giants), Hard to Kill

BAB: +4, CMB: +6 (+8 vs Demons)
  • Raivo (+1 Adaptive Evil Outsider Bane Composite Longbow):-----+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki Extra Attack): +12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+ 5 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+14/+14/+14/+9 (1d8+ 7 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    --------------------------------------------(Deadly Aim):-----+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    --------------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
    ---------------------------------------(Ki + Deadly Aim): +10/+10/+10/+5 (1d8+11 (20/×3))
    ----------------------------------------------------------+12/+12/+12/+7 (1d8+13 (20/×3) +2d6 vs Evil Outsiders)
  • ------------------------------------------Unarmed Strike:------------ +6 (1d8+ 2 (20/×2))
  • --------------------------------------------------Dagger:------------ +6 (1d4+ 2 (19/×2))

Weapon in Hand: Raivo

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 22, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]
 

Shayuri

Visitor
Thorn collects her chain again and goes to peer down at the fallen fiend. The body wasn't vanishing back to the Abyss or anything, but it was clearly not a tiefling. Half-fiend maybe? Or a full on fiend that had physically entered the world? Hm. Regardless, no disappearing body meant it was truly dead, and that was a victory.

She went to the strongbox and knelt down in front of it, carefully looking over the lock, the hinges and the seam between box and lid to try to find the inevitable traps. Demons loved traps.

Perception: [roll0]
Disable Device: (if trap is found) [roll1]
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
"Thorn, there is a key here. Might help..." Adrian brings it to her before focusing back at the magic he found.
"The armor is fine, if little big. Good quality. Same with the weapon. Some money and magic. We can check that later."
Still, he sings few short notes attuning himself to magical emanations and tries to figure out items quickly

[roll0]
 

Scotley

Adventurer
Thorn's careful examination of the box does not reveal a trap, but she does discover that the lock on the box is broken. The offered key is unnecessary and in fact too big for the lock in question.

While Thorn works on the box, Adrian discovers that the Breastplate and Aspergillum are both magical (+1), and the vials are filled with unholy water. The magic of the wand is going to require more study. He is able to determine that is enchantment magic of divine origin.

The box yields to Thorn's touch with only a slight hesitation from the age and corrosion of the hinges. Within are a few thousand coins, most appear to be gold, though there is copper and silver as well. Adrian's magic reveals that a chain shirt, dagger and pennon within the box are magical. There is also a gold holy symbol of Sarenrae and some gems, a beryl and three pearls.

[sblock=spellcraft check of 17 or better for the new items]The chain shirt is +1.[/sblock]

[sblock=spellcraft check of 21 or better for the new items]The Pennon is a Red Knights Pennon (Battle).[/sblock]

[sblock=spellcraft check of 22 or better for the new items]The dagger is +1 returning.[/sblock]

[sblock=appraise check of 20 or batter to value the gems and holy symbol]The beryl is worth 500 gp, the pearls 100 gp each, the gold holy symbol 200 gp.[/sblock]

[sblock=If you pause to count the coins]383 cp, 710 sp, 3827 gp.[/sblock]

[sblock=spellcraft check of 20+ for wand]It is a wand of hold person with 10 charges left.[/sblock]

There does not appear to be anything else of value or interest in this room. It must have been the bunk room of the monks who once lived here. In addition to the door to the kitchen through which you entered there are double doors leading North.
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Not trained.

Viridian keeps watch looking through windows and listening at new doors. Peeking through the keyhole or under the door.
 

Advertisement

Top