SWSE: Living SAGA (recruiting 2 more players!)

Insight

Adventurer
fire, how often do you want players to post? I'm not in a place right now, with everything going on, that I can reliably post that often. I'm hesitant to officially join the game if I'm slowing things down and later have to drop.

fireinthedust

Explorer
fire, how often do you want players to post? I'm not in a place right now, with everything going on, that I can reliably post that often. I'm hesitant to officially join the game if I'm slowing things down and later have to drop.

oh, okay fair enough. I check every day out of habit. I don't mind a quick wait, but it is nice to have responses. four players going in turns tend to be alright for that, especially if people have a good OOC conversation going.

if you can, no problem. I still encourage people to join, though, as I want to have fun with this one. :D

And if you want to write some stuff up for the setting in your own time, that would be fun!

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Are you still looking for players? I've been reading the IC thread and I like!

I'm thinking of playing a Gand Soldier if I could (using Kel Dor stats for the crunch if you want to keep it strictly Core?).

[sblock=Background]
"This one is cursed to perceive the creases of the universe and so must, inevitably, aim to correct them -- one bullet at a time."

Paraphrased, Gand.​

"You cannot aim an arrow pointed at Nothing."
The Seeker's creed.​

He/she is a neutral-sexed Name Hunter from a nomadic/scouting/diaspora sub-species of Gand, out into the galaxy to litterally make a name for itself. At level 1 he's still nameless -- but still very opinionated, downright proactive, in fact, for a being always in third person "humble" mode.

He's so far travelled almost exclusively in the far Outer rim, on worlds that have barely heard of humans, much less felt the full impact of the Empire. He's steadily been making his way inwards though, heading for [A mystery of galactic proportion that attracted his attention: a (lost?) alien Mecca/artefact? A prophet being? An unexplained stellar phenomena?], earning his keep months/years at a time before moving on with all his profit *on* him - if any -, converted to better and better gear. It's a pragmatic pilgrimage of sorts, a species journey taken one day at a time.

It has taken him to a certain Hutt cruiser, on a certain day, at a certain time...[/sblock]

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
I like the concept. Kel Dor would work, for now (we can vote in more stuff if this sucker takes off; bit of a slump in terms of new blood, so I just want to get the game off and kicking).

One problem: what do *I* name this person as? I've played with a warforged in an eberron game that flubbed because none of us knew what to call the guy.

I need to have something to call him, even if it's generic like "Gand". NPCs can say "hey" and "uh, you there" and "citizen", but I need to have something to name this sucker from a purely utility POV.

Let's see some stats and get him in on the action asap.

Nebten

First Post
Hey still looking for players? I'm interested. I did a quick look and it appears you have every class already covered, so I would be interested in playing a Jedi Knight (more devoted to the lightsaber compared to Force Powers). I ran a short campaign of SAGA in the past, but never the player. Its a bit late here, but if the door is still open I'll be more descriptive with my PC. I typically check the boards daily if not hourly.

Binder Fred

Glad to be aboard! And "gand" will be more than fine. :D

Here are his stats for comment and correction:[sblock="Character Sheet"]This Gand here
Neutral medium-sized Gand Soldier 1 (using Kel Dor template)
Force 5
Init +4
Languages: Gand, Basic, Huttese
Species Trait: Low-light vision, Oxygen sensitivity
-----------------------------
Defenses Ref 19 (flat-footed 15), Fort 15, Will 12
Hp 32; Threshold 15; Second Wind 14 (Unused)
Speed 6
Melee +2/+5 light weapons (Stun baton 1d6/2d6 stun)
Ranged +5 (Blaster carbine 3d8/2d8 stun, Auto mode, stock folded)
Base Atk +1
Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 10
Talents: Devastating Rifle Attack (-5 dam threshold)
Feats: Armor prof (Light, Medium), WP (Simple, Pistols, Rifles), Weapon Finesse
Skills: Endurance +7, Perception +6, Pilot +9, Treat Injury +6
Possessions: Travel cloack, Blaster carbine (900), Envirosuit [Combat Jumpsuit (1500), Jet pack (300), Short range comlink (25), Breath Mask (Free), Gand to Basic Translator (Free)], Stun Baton, Belt pouch (Mesh Tape, 05 credits)

Credit roll: 3d4=11 (Was thinking of calling him Teerak at the time.)[/sblock]

Attachments

• This gand.jpg
    This gand.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
[sblock=Keyton Valoryn]
Keyton Vaylorn CL 1
Medium Human Jedi 1
Force 5
Init +7; Senses Perception +1
Languages Basic
Defenses Ref 15 (flat-footed 13), Fort 14, Will 14; Deflect
hp 31; second wind +7/15; Threshold 14
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +4 (2d8+3) or
Melee lightsaber +4 (2d8+6) with both hands
Ranged by weapon +3
Base Atk +1; Grp +4
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14
Talents Deflect
Feats Force Sensitivity, Improved Defenses, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, simple)
Primary Skills Acrobatics +7, Initiative +7, Use the Force +12
Secondary Skills Climb +3, Deception +2, Endurance +1, Gather Information +2, Jump +3, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +0, Knowledge (galactic lore) +0, Knowledge (life sciences) +0, Knowledge (physical sciences) +0, Knowledge (social sciences) +0, Knowledge (tactics) +0, Knowledge (technology) +0, Mechanics +0, Perception +1, Persuasion +2, Pilot +2, Ride +2, Stealth +2, Survival +1, Swim +3, Treat Injury +1, Use Computer +0
Possessions 200 credits, lightsaber, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), comlink (miniaturized)

Credits (3d4=12) x100 = 1200, now has 200[/sblock]

[sblock= Brief Background]Keyton was on of the early Jensaarai to leave the Suarbi system. While he served as an apprentance as a teen-ager, his Master-Defender Ch'ien was cut down in attack by the Emperor's Jedi hunters during their campaign on Susevfi. Because Keyton's training incomplete, he has only learned the basics of Force use and swordplay. For fear and to survive, Keyton tried to live a "normal" life in space lanes. He still keeps his lightsaber using it during times of defense, only to then have to disappear onto the next ship that is willing to hire an extra hand. As the years pass, news came to the Outer Rim that he's been waiting for. Keyton was informed that there was an academy within the Core worlds that was willing to take in those who maybe worthy to become Jedi. Realizing that it was a place that he could go and be accepted, Key tried to make his way to Yavin IV. Unable to make a direct trip, he has been laidover in Haon until he can find a way to fulfill his destiny. [/sblock]

Binder Fred

Nebten, what would you say to a shared background with gand? I figure they've both been bumming their way through the Outer rim, so a meeting isn't that unlikely (plus, it's easier to introduce new characters as an already existing group: think of the GM, man! ;)).

Their association doesn't have to go far back or be all encompasing. Say they were passing through an Ithorian colony planet. With no credit to get off-world again, they worked their contacts and finaly ended up working together on a bodyguard and courrier job for the local bothan network, ferrying too-sensitive-to-transmit info between some of the giant ithorian floating cities (gand was the pilot of the team, of course, driving their fast, two-place airspeeder). They were ambushed, crashed in a colosal mushroom jungle and were harried by their pursuers into a cliff-side ruin of a city, crumbling under its colourful mushroomy cover. Followed a running battle in the underground tunnels, cliff-side balconies and collapsing rooftops of the city until they managed to circle around their pursuers (mostly Twi'leks with a huge Chaghrian bruiser that could charge through walls), steal the ambusher's ride and hotfoot it back to the scheduled drop-off. Victory!

As his payment, Gand got the blaster carbine he stole off the ambushers and armored-up his encounter suit. Keyton, on the other hand, got detailed information on the Jedi training facilities at Yavin. Gand decided to go with him, as their path roughly corresponds and they got along fairly well (as much as two aliens can anyway). He's a curious fellow by nature anyway, this gand, and Keyton is to him a mystery wrapped in an enigma saute-ed in interresting bits of controlled violence...

Sound interresting? As always, feel free to change any and all of the above if you like.

Remove ads