• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SWSE] Strike hard for the Adamant!

Padreigh

First Post
After a quick equipment check, Gareth says: "I agree. Let's get the clones out first ... I just hope there is no more swimming involved."

fireinthedust

Explorer
(apparently the internet ate my last post a few days back. grr.)

Z3r0: The computer the droids use is heavily monitored and alarmed. Maybe in a few levels you'd be able to hack it; otherwise the Republic could shut down the entire separatist army! You did your best, however, and were it an isolated computer you'd be fine. The encryption is just too danged complex... although you think you could design some modifications if given time...

The decision to follow the Clone troopers is made, and Adara is noticeably excited by the prospect of seeing the group in action. She leads you deep into the city, from rubble pile to shattered building. There are numerous patrols, but because you haven't raised an alarm yet, they are not expecting intruders.

After some sneaking around the city, led by Adara, your group finds their way to a large building with a landing platform on the top: a warehouse for small transports ot drop their cargo. It has been converted into a prison for the clones.

Scouting it out you find:

1) A massive door set for vehicles into the building. There are two droid guards here.

2) A small window up the side of the building, needing a climber to make it up before they can sneak in.

3) The entrance from the roof, a flat surface several stories up. You have no idea what's up there, but suspect it could be visible to droid patrols.

4) No idea what's inside. Adara only knows the clones were brought into the building, and no one has come out since.

What do you do?

Padreigh

First Post
"I'd say the window or the vehicle door. Would you two be able to take out the two droids with one shot each?", Gareth asks the scout and the ARC trroper.

possum

First Post
Chase smiles under his helmet, knowing that the others cannot see. "I'll get that droid in a single shot," he states. "Be assured of that."

OOC: You do know that you've cursed us both to get natural 1s on the roll, right?

grufflehead

First Post
[sblock=FitD]Actually, rather than hack into anything, all I really wanted was to pick up the comm frequency they are broadcasting on. If things go pear-shaped, then I'll need that to be able to send false comms to them.[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=grufflehead] No comm frequency. They're droids, given orders via a special orders channel. If they were fleshies they'd have a comm channel to give vocal commands. This is more like sending a signal to a remote control car; or at least sending a signal using an iphone app that lets you turn on your bath while you're driving home, so it's ready for you when you arrive.

You'd have to hack into it anyway: it'd be a coded special frequency. They might have special receivers in their heads that allow them to decode the signals, however.[/sblock]

Rainmar

First Post
" One chance is a lifetime chance" said scout and with a smile he preped his rifle. "However, I believe we should try the window. When those two droids at the gate will go down we will have to literally blitz this place and to be honest I dont like racing against time."

Padreigh

First Post
"Valid point", Gareth admits. "You good enough to sneak up there and assist the rest of us getting up?", he asks the scout.

Rainmar

First Post
"Cover me" says scout and makes his way to the window.

OOC: Now, Khor will attempt to sneak under the window and will also look around for any threat. If he deems situation favorable he will attempt to climb to window and look thru it. If interior will be safe for them to enter he will try to open it, laso looking for any traps/alarm.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads