System Love Hate

Agent Oracle

First Post
Pretty basic forum game: name a system, name one thing you Love about it, name one thing You Hate about it. You can do this as many times as necessary

Feng Shui

Love: Over-the top combats by the players in a loose, rule-light combat system.

Hate: The name. I know, it's a major part of the game, but whenever i name the game, people go "what, like, re-arranging furniture?"

d20 modern

Love: the "less combat, more weirdness" pacing of a properly run game.

Hate: The absence of monitary system. Reguardless of what you're doing, your money pool is flat. "No, you can't buy that, you don't have enough cash." "How much do I have?" "Your score is '2'."

Paranoia

Love: The level of DM control, as a DM.

Hate: The Level of DM control, as a player.

Psion

Adventurer
D20 Modern:

Love: The support. (Does that count? ;) ). The allegience system.

Hate: The automatic fire rules and nonlethal damage mechanic.
gnash.gif

Spycraft 2.0

Love: Chargen, dramatic conflicts, genre tweaks, action dice.

Hate: What's to hate? Okay, I lament that the supplements and world books are slow in coming.

Hero

Love: The sheer joy of being able to tinker anything together with the power system.

Hate: I've fallen out of love with points-for-disads, and lament that package deals were gutted.

Traveller d20

Love: Starship combat. Lifepath chargen (for PCs). That you can use Classic or MegaTraveller material with it.

Hate: Lifepath chargen (for DMs. :( ) That they went with Classic Traveller era wrong planet generation instead of something more astrophysics saavy planet generation such as that of GT First In.

D&D 3e
Love: the options and how un-complicated it really is if you take the time to get into it.
Hate: the balance of power between spells vs saving throws, PC's Vs Monsters,

Mutants and Masterminds 2e
Love: a good supers game
Hate: it doesnt have near enough options when not dealing with powers. damage and health system sorda sucks. I might use the alternate rules for HP and damage from 1e.

Exalted
Love: a storyteller fanatasy based game Duh!
Hate: It doesnt allow other exalts to work together verywell and the game sort of degenerates into another D&D without d20's.

World of Darkness (various games from the OWOD)
Love: simplicity and the characters you can create
Hate: the fact that WW didnt have enough sense to make the games work together without having arguments or discussions over whos book your going to use. So are we using the werewolfs or the vampires point of view?

Call of Cthulhu (BRP)
Love: simplicity
Hate: not enough options

d20 modern
Love: It modern but D&D!
Hate: no epic play... yet! crappy campaign settings, not enough options for a game set in modern day! So what are the stats for a Air-Craft carrier?

Remove ads