Tabletop Gaming News for Saturday, 20 April, 2013 [Plus: D&D is Evil!]

EN World News We have a boardgame review of FFG's Relic, in which the worlds of space marines and Talisman collide -- "...it's the gaming equivalent of a summer blockbuster, all pomp and fireworks, a blast of fun entertainment that's still perhaps a little bit too long but can be forgiven thanks to the bright shinies." Pathfinder RPG News Check out Erik Mona's minis blog for a look at...

[h=3]EN World News[/h]
  • We have a boardgame review of FFG's Relic, in which the worlds of space marines and Talisman collide -- "...it's the gaming equivalent of a summer blockbuster, all pomp and fireworks, a blast of fun entertainment that's still perhaps a little bit too long but can be forgiven thanks to the bright shinies."

[h=3]Pathfinder RPG News[/h]

20130419-HugeFront.jpg

[h=3]David "Zeb" Cook Auctions Personal TSR Items[/h]
The auction will include over 300 lots including numerous products Zeb worked on and designed for TSR. Highlights of the auction will include rare foreign language editions, inscribed and autographed copies, editorial and review copies, author's and comp copies, and personal play copies!

Among the very special items are Zeb’s own rare copies of TSR’s Collector Trading Cards, a run of the nigh impossible to find Random Events, TSR’s employee newsletter, original TSR artwork by DiTerlizzi, Tim Truman, and Jeff Dee, TSR Gen Con signage from 1994, TSR letters, memos, and interoffice documents detailing the goings on at TSR from 1979 through 1987, signed material from Gary Gygax, Brian Blume, Zeb Cook, Jim Ward, Roger Moore, Fred Fields, Anne Gray, Mike Cook, Steve Winter, Jeff Grubb, Slade, and Bruce Heard, a catalog photo mock-up of B6 The Veiled Society, and a number of original and review manuscripts for Crimefighters, Gangbusters, and Star Frontiers!

The auction will begin tomorrow (Sunday 21st April) and last for one week. It is being held by The Collectors Trove on eBay. [full list of what will be available]

[h=3]D&D Is Evil![/h]
Or so says Pat Robertson, a religious American broadcaster. Seems the 80s have returned!

[video=youtube;Ifwc_y_S3BY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ifwc_y_S3BY[/video]​

Gargoyle

Adventurer
I had never heard of D&D until my private Christian school warned me about it. Since they also warned against other things I knew were harmless fun like rock n roll, I decided to check it out. Hopefully Pat Robertson will inspire a new generation of rebel Christians to play.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I've always said Mazes & Monsters was the best thing that happened to D&D - as me and all my friends totally got into it because the controversy drew us towards it.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Man, he is still alive...he may be a zombie...but he does not have a good record of being right as many times as he has said we are doomed

Zelkon

First Post
Well said Pat. I played D&D once. It led me into a war of ideals that spanned universes and consisted of demonic vitriol. It sucked me into this war, and I defied God by participating. They call it the "Edition Wars."

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads