Blog (A5E) Take A Look At All The New A5E Tools On A5E.tools!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Over on the official Level Up tools site, A5E.tools, there are some new … err, well, tools!
The following tools are not based on rules in the books, but are very useful nevertheless.

Stalker0

Legend
I tried out the Object stats tool.

So a standard iron door has AC 19, 18 hitpoints, and no damage threshold.

Taking a nice standard 5th level fighter with a longsword (or like a maul if you rule swords just can't cut through metal doors) and dueling fighting style and 18 strength. They will do about 10.5 damage to the door a round, able to break the door down in two rounds.

Man metal doors are not what they used to be!

With reinforcement, you get a damage threshold of 9. With that in mind, our average damage drops to 8.4....so 3 rounds to take down the door on average, and with some unlucky rolls (or a bit less strength lets say), it could take a number of rounds to bring down the door. Still "quick", but I think its still reasonable for the heroic spectrum, but not so quick as to make doors nothing but speedbumps.

So I think "reinforcement" is probably the best option to use for your standard doors.

Stalker0

Legend
One critique I've noticed on a lot of the tools. They all seem to "reset" my choices whenever I generate. Often I want to generate something, than I might make some tweaks, and so its quite annoying to have to reenter all of my options again. I would prefer the options stay when I press generate, and then a button for "reset options".

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
One critique I've noticed on a lot of the tools. They all seem to "reset" my choices whenever I generate. Often I want to generate something, than I might make some tweaks, and so its quite annoying to have to reenter all of my options again. I would prefer the options stay when I press generate, and then a button for "reset options".
I don’t know how to make php pages remember things. Sorry. Beyond my skill level. Hope you can enjoy the tools anyway.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Taking a nice standard 5th level fighter with a longsword (or like a maul if you rule swords just can't cut through metal doors) and dueling fighting style and 18 strength. They will do about 10.5 damage to the door a round, able to break the door down in two rounds.
I'd assume you're not actually splitting the door in two. You're breaking or bending the hinges or area that holds the lock enough to cause the door to open.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Very nice! Really convenient to have all those generators in one place.

A somewhat related question:

What's the little red pulsing dot in the upper left?

Screenshot 2022-07-24 15.20.53.png

Remove ads