Take A Look At The DUERGAR From SCAG

The D&D Extra Life campaign just passed $90,000 -- which means another preview from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide (which released last week in preferred stores, and will be available everywhere else from November 3rd). This time, we get a look at the Duergar entry! If they hit $100K, we get to see the hi-res labeled map of the northwest portion of Faerün, from Amn to Icewind Dale and the Moonshae Isles to the Dalelands.

The D&D Extra Life campaign just passed $90,000 -- which means another preview from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide (which released last week in preferred stores, and will be available everywhere else from November 3rd). This time, we get a look at the Duergar entry! If they hit $100K, we get to see the hi-res labeled map of the northwest portion of Faerün, from Amn to Icewind Dale and the Moonshae Isles to the Dalelands.

Previous previews include the Preface, Contents Page, Greenflame Blade cantrip, and Urban Bounty Hunter, and the Mastermind, a new rogue archetype.

duergar_scag.jpg

More on Extra Life here.

SaveSave

Doesn't Out of the Abyss state that their enlarge and invisibility traits recharge on a short rest in the Underdark?

It might, but I don't have it. I'm just going off of this preview. If I allowed that to work though, I'd still need a feat for resistance to spell saves, so I'd have to add something else into the feat.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
You mean like in 4e, where they were part-fiend with poisoned quills in their beards that they could shoot at people?
There was a 4th edition!?

Personally, I don't have a problem with it, and I must say I'm a little miffed that people are complaining about it now, since it's certainly not a new idea. Duergar having been slaves of the mind flayers is established fact in the Realms.
So established that there are posters that are surprised about it and wondering when it happened.

Uchawi

First Post
I have the same problem with Duergar and Dark Elfs when considering Sunlight Sensitivity. The races are at disadvantage with attacks rolls, but it does not impact spell casting. If they were to carry through with the notion, then any target they cast a spell on would gain advantage on the save. It just shows one of the major gaps when considering attacks and saves and how it affects the senses.

Kramodlog

The FRCS came out in 2001. So it's been part of the FR lore for at least 14 years.
That doesn't change the fact that people were surprised, which would mean that using the word established, at least in the context of this thread, isn't an accurate description.

pukunui

Legend
That doesn't change the fact that people were surprised, which would mean that using the word established, at least in the context of this thread, isn't an accurate description.
Meh. I guess those folks weren't particularly familiar with FR lore then. It certainly wasn't news to me.

Kramodlog

Meh. I guess those folks weren't particularly familiar with FR lore then. It certainly wasn't news to me.

You'll be surprise to find out that you're personal experience doesn't mean much, as your not the baseline for knowledge of FR lore. And you certainly aren't one for D&D lore, as you thought it was the standard Duergar backstory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads