Taking Nominees for Most Anticipated RPG of 2018

As we do every year, I'm taking nominees for the big public poll. A game will only be in the big poll if it is nominated here. What's your most anticipated RPG of 2018? Rules - as always - it must be a standalone RPG. NOT a supplement, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. It must be scheduled for release in 2018. If they were coming out in 2018, Dungeons & Dragons would count; Xanathar's Guide would not. Taking nominations for one week. Post your nomination as a reply below. Please don't nominate your own game or one you’re affiliated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we do every year, I'm taking nominees for the big public poll. A game will only be in the big poll if it is nominated here. What's your most anticipated RPG of 2018? Rules - as always - it must be a standalone RPG. NOT a supplement, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. It must be scheduled for release in 2018. If they were coming out in 2018, Dungeons & Dragons would count; Xanathar's Guide would not. Taking nominations for one week. Post your nomination as a reply below.
Please don't nominate your own game or one you’re affiliated with.

1_trudvang.jpg

Last year's winner was Trudvang Chronicles from RiotMinds (pictured above). You can see last year's top 10 here. The previous year it was Rifts for Savage Worlds. And yes, Conan appeared three years running.

113th AgeStar Wars Force & DestinyRifts for Savage WorldsTrudvang Chronicles
2NumeneraDeluxe Exalted 3rd EditionMutant Crawl ClassicsTales from the Loop
3Star Wars Edge of the EmpireUnified Rolemaster7th Sea 2nd EditionKult: Divinity Lost
4Shadowrun 5th EditionConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfStar Trek Adventures
5Call of Cthulhu 7th EditionDeluxe Tunnels & TrollsDCC LankhmarConan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
6FireflyBarbarians of Lemuria: Mythic EditionRuneQuest 4Starfinder
7Fate CoreFeng Shui 2Torg: EternityWitcher
8HillfolkFantasy AGEBlue Rose AGECoriolis
9TorchbearerParanoiaParanoiaDelta Green Roleplaying Game
10-Shadows of the Demon LordDelta GreenAstonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2E
[FONT=&quot]SaveSave[/FONT]

SuperSam888

Explorer

In no particular order:
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition

Legend of the Five Rings RPG 5th Edition
Warhammer 40,000: Wrath & Glory
Invisible Sun
Dragons Conquer America
Deviant the Renegades
7th Sea: Khitai
Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse
Forbidden Lands

R

RevTurkey

Most of the stuff I think looks cool for 2018 is classed as supplements to existing games so don’t qualify...that WFRP cover looks pretty mint...if they keep it more like 1st Edition and not quite so utterly grimdark then it has my vote :)

WFRPG 4th Edition for me.

1) Prince Valiant, the Storytelling Game - Nice to see this cross the finish line, as it was Stuart Wieck's passion project before his untimely passing.
2) Delta Green - I've been waiting since 2015. What's another year?
3) This Defiant Earth - Another Kickstarter I backed; looks like hecka fun. 1950's mad scientists and giant bugs and UFOs!

Considering the 2 main books have been released to Kickstarter backers (not sure about the retail channels), I'd classify Delta Green as having been released in 2017.

Birmy

Adventurer
Looking at my outstanding Kickstarters, the ones that jump out are Sigil & Sign and the already-mentioned Torg: Eternity and Top Secret: NWO.

Maybe do this same thing, but for supplements? It would be an eclectic list for sure...

dm4hire

Explorer
For me I'd have to go with the following:

Legend of the Five Rings
Alternity
Esper Genesis
Tiny Dungeons 2e
7th Sea: Khitai
Capharnaum
Mutant Crawl Classics

darkmoonrising

First Post
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Ed. Absolutely my top choice for next year (and it should even release in 2018 :)).

A few other suggestions for the list include:
The Expanse
Alternity
Witcher
Top Secret: New World Order

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads