Taking Nominees for Most Anticipated RPG of 2018

As we do every year, I'm taking nominees for the big public poll. A game will only be in the big poll if it is nominated here. What's your most anticipated RPG of 2018? Rules - as always - it must be a standalone RPG. NOT a supplement, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. It must be scheduled for release in 2018. If they were coming out in 2018, Dungeons & Dragons would count; Xanathar's Guide would not. Taking nominations for one week. Post your nomination as a reply below. Please don't nominate your own game or one you’re affiliated with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we do every year, I'm taking nominees for the big public poll. A game will only be in the big poll if it is nominated here. What's your most anticipated RPG of 2018? Rules - as always - it must be a standalone RPG. NOT a supplement, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. It must be scheduled for release in 2018. If they were coming out in 2018, Dungeons & Dragons would count; Xanathar's Guide would not. Taking nominations for one week. Post your nomination as a reply below.
Please don't nominate your own game or one you’re affiliated with.

1_trudvang.jpg

Last year's winner was Trudvang Chronicles from RiotMinds (pictured above). You can see last year's top 10 here. The previous year it was Rifts for Savage Worlds. And yes, Conan appeared three years running.

113th AgeStar Wars Force & DestinyRifts for Savage WorldsTrudvang Chronicles
2NumeneraDeluxe Exalted 3rd EditionMutant Crawl ClassicsTales from the Loop
3Star Wars Edge of the EmpireUnified Rolemaster7th Sea 2nd EditionKult: Divinity Lost
4Shadowrun 5th EditionConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfConan Adventures In An Age Undreamed OfStar Trek Adventures
5Call of Cthulhu 7th EditionDeluxe Tunnels & TrollsDCC LankhmarConan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
6FireflyBarbarians of Lemuria: Mythic EditionRuneQuest 4Starfinder
7Fate CoreFeng Shui 2Torg: EternityWitcher
8HillfolkFantasy AGEBlue Rose AGECoriolis
9TorchbearerParanoiaParanoiaDelta Green Roleplaying Game
10-Shadows of the Demon LordDelta GreenAstonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2E
[FONT=&quot]SaveSave[/FONT]

darkmoonrising

First Post
WFRPG 4th Edition for me.

Considering the 2 main books have been released to Kickstarter backers (not sure about the retail channels), I'd classify Delta Green as having been released in 2017.

Delta Green is (partly) out. A friend of mine got his physical copy of the player's book last week and he wasn't a Kickstarter backer.

aramis erak

Legend
WFRP Classic and WFRP Age of Sigmar.

And, if FFG doesn't get it off the boat soon, the reprint of WEG Star Wars d6...

So many new versions of old games in this thread. In fact, so many new editions seem to be scheduled for next year, that it might be more interesting if you do two separate polls: one for truly brand new games due out in 2018 and one for updated versions of already existing games. While new editions are cool and all, it would be a shame if they drowned out the truly new stuff. After all, if Trudvang were do out next year instead of releasing this year, it would have need lost in all the excitement for the new versions of Top Secret and WFRP.

For my vote, I would have said Esper Genesis, since the rules are self-contained and do not require any of the 5E books to run, but it looks like it is still scheduled to start shipping out copies in December, so it would not qualify as a 2018 product.

A lot of the stuff that I have been looking forward to has already come out, among the remaining the top three are:

1. DCC Lankhmar*
2. Warhammer 40k Wrath&Glory
3. Forbidden Lands

I was previously excited about KULT, but with the repeated delay the anticipation has faded quite a bit.

* I see that it was nominated for 2016, so not sure if that's valid, but according to the Kickstarter it should come out next year.

Pandatheist

Villager
Lazarus RPG from Green Ronin, Forbidden Lands by Fria Ligan, Spire RPG by Grant Howitt, The Yellow King RPG by Pelgrane, and Eclipse Phase 2E in no particular order.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Flash Gordon is a setting and not a complete game, so isn't valid according to the guidelines. I'm looking forward to that too :)

Rifts for Savage Worlds made the list a few years ago. Isn't it just a setting for Savage Worlds, too?

I'll also nominate the Sentinels Comics RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads