Tales From The Yawning Portal - 7 Classic Dungeons Updated To 5E!

Coming in April is WotC's next official D&D product, Tales from the Yawning Portal. This hardcover book contains seven classic dungeons updated to 5th Edition, from adventures such as Against the Giants, Dead in Thay, Forge of Fury, Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan, Sunless Citadel, Tomb of Horrors, and White Plume Mountain. This is, presumably, the product previously codenamed Labyrinth. It's set for an April 4th release, for $49.95.

Coming in April is WotC's next official D&D product, Tales from the Yawning Portal. This hardcover book contains seven classic dungeons updated to 5th Edition, from adventures such as Against the Giants, Dead in Thay, Forge of Fury, Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan, Sunless Citadel, Tomb of Horrors, and White Plume Mountain. This is, presumably, the product previously codenamed Labyrinth. It's set for an April 4th release, for $49.95.

C1bHoHNVQAE-3qx.jpg-large.jpg

When the shadows grow long in Waterdeep and the fireplace in the taproom of the Yawning Portal dims to a deep crimson glow, adventurers from across the Sword Coast spin tales and spread rumors of lost treasures.

Within this tome are seven of the deadliest dungeons from the history of Dungeons & Dragons. Some are classics that have hosted an untold number of adventurers, while others are newer creations, boldly staking a claim to their place in the pantheon of notable adventures.

The seeds of these stories now rest in your hands. D&D’s deadliest dungeons are now part of your arsenal of adventures. Enjoy, and remember to keep a few spare character sheets handy.

For use with the fifth edition Player’s Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master’s Guide, this book provides fans with a treasure trove of adventures, all of which have been updated to the fifth edition rules. Explore seven deadly dungeons in this adventure supplement for the world’s greatest roleplaying game:

• Against the Giants
  • Dead in Thay
  • Forge of Fury
  • Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan
  • Sunless Citadel
  • Tomb of Horrors
  • White Plume Mountain

Find it on WotC's site here. Forbes has an interview about it here. Mearls says "We're announcing a new D&D product, a book coming out this spring. It is called Tales from the Yawning Portal(out March 24th in local game stores and April 4th everywhere else) It's a collection of seven of the most famous dungeons from Dungeons & Dragons history. They're all collected in one hardcover book. The idea behind it is not only do you want to capture some of the most famous dungeons from the game's history, but we also wanted to give a selection of adventures that you could in theory start at Level 1 with the first dungeon and play all the way up to Level 15 by playing the adventures one after another."

DSC06258-1200x675.jpg

Cover Image

DSC06257-e1483590685311-1200x2134.jpg

Gibbering Mouther

DSC06270-e1483590966307-1200x2134.jpg

DSC06278-e1483590790367-1200x2134.jpg

Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan

Save
Save

SaveSave
SaveSave

bmfrosty

Explorer
Now, if only Paizo would decide to convert some of their material to 5e! I don't foresee that happening, but that would definitely bring in some revenue for them. We never really got into Pathfinder (though we may try it again), and I would like to see Paizo continue to do well... but I would love to see some of their stuff available for 5e!
I'd rather see Goodman release some DCC modules for 5e. Better yet I'd like to see them converted and released as CCC content.

Sent from my Pixel using EN World mobile app

ddaley

Explorer
I like DCC as DCC. That is one other RPG that we play, in addition to 5e. I like how it is just different enough to be it's own thing. But, I wouldn't complain if they converted some of their modules to 5e and I would definitely buy some of them.

I'd rather see Goodman release some DCC modules for 5e. Better yet I'd like to see them converted and released as CCC content.

Sent from my Pixel using EN World mobile app

Silthen

First Post
What they SHOULD do is take out "Dead in Thay" and publish this along with a section on Greyhawk, kinda like what they did with "Curse of Strahd", since most of the adventures inside have their roots in Greyhawk. Greyhawk fans deserve some love too.

What they SHOULD do is take out "Dead in Thay" and publish this along with a section on Greyhawk, kinda like what they did with "Curse of Strahd", since most of the adventures inside have their roots in Greyhawk. Greyhawk fans deserve some love too.
But which section? The four modules in the collection that are canonically set in Greyhawk are all located thousands of miles away from each other.

On the other hand, I would think that the areas near the modules will get at least some cursory coverage, since we know that the adventure will cover where to place them in all settings (so presumably their original Greyhawk locations will be covered)...

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

Remove ads