D&D 5E Tales From the Yawning Portal Needs a Sequel

No, I don't want another compilation of old adventures converted to 5E. The value of what is already available is tiny. IMO the TftYP were not done particularly well, in that they added minimal value to than just using the originals. So, these conversions have little value because I can already pick up the originals from DriveThru. And then if I don't want to convert it myself, I can buy a conversion from

I would much rather have something new and original. And if original can't be achieved then at least do a solid new version of something only inspired by a classic. For instance, Tomb of Horrors, come up with a new map, a new set of puzzles and traps. not a simple conversion to 5E of an adventure that does not meet today's sensibilities.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
No, I don't want another compilation of old adventures converted to 5E. The value of what is already available is tiny. IMO the TftYP were not done particularly well, in that they added minimal value to than just using the originals. So, these conversions have little value because I can already pick up the originals from DriveThru. And then if I don't want to convert it myself, I can buy a conversion from

I would much rather have something new and original. And if original can't be achieved then at least do a solid new version of something only inspired by a classic. For instance, Tomb of Horrors, come up with a new map, a new set of puzzles and traps. not a simple conversion to 5E of an adventure that does not meet today's sensibilities.
Yeah, I think Candlekeep and especially Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel are great follow-ups to the anthology concept.

Stormonu

Legend
Do the OG adventure path as Gygax intended: Hommlet, Temple of Elemental Evil, Tsocanth, Temple of Tharizdun

More Tomb of Annihilation and Storm Giant's Thunder than Ghosts of Saltmarsh?

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
Or just have an AP that has a lot less wandering around talking to NPCs and a lot more straightforward dungeon crawling.

Funny how popular a good old-fashioned, linear, non-sandbox adventure is.

Remove ads