D&D 5E Tales From the Yawning Portal Needs a Sequel

Szazz Tam is an excellent villain. I've always thought the Red Wizards and Thay were very interesting. I'm glad they didn't go with Veca so the character wouldn't be over saturated. I love all the liches.

Dire Bare

Legend
Yeah, we need "Stories from the Shady Dragon" - do several classic D&D (Mystara) adventures. This could be something like B1 - Into the Unknown, B3 - Palace of the Silver Princess, B10 - Night's Dark Terror, X4 - Master of the Desert Nomads, X5 - Temple of Death, X10 - Red Arrow, Black Shield, and ending with CM1 - Test of the Warlords. While mostly an anthology, there is a theme being land/army management - the party clears out and gets access to a underground stronghold, removes a curse from a kingdom (thus gaining its favor, possibly titles), fights the kingdom's various enemies and builds an army and eventually establish their own realm. Not only do we get some old material updated, it's a place where mass combat and realm rules can be fleshed out.

And there's plenty of inns/taverns that could be used for further anthologies if we want to use the inn/tavern theme.

Comeback Inn (Mystara/Blackmoor)
Green Griffon Tavern/Inn (Greyhawk)
Inn of the Last Home (Dragonlance)
World Serpent Inn (Planescape)
Inn of the Welcome Wench (Greyhawk)
"Tales From the Comeback Inn" has to involve time travel!

I don't think WotC is gonna jump on "Fantasies from the Inn of the Welcome Wench"!

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I would like published adventures from more recently than 1e and 2e. In other words 3e and 4e adventures. I'd REALLY like the first 3 4e adventures updated and lots of the story elements fixed - in particular the Pyramid of Shadows.

OR - the entire Scales of War mega campaign re-jiggered for 5e with level progression from 1-20 instead of 1-30...

That would probably require an entire re-write because it is very Nentir Vale focused, so would have to re-write for Faerun

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases